Senior Software Engineer
MYJAR offers visa sponsorship
MYJAR will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
Work for moments. Join the MYJAR team as a software engineer! Read more about MYJAR
- Participate in the full software engineering lifecycle of MYJAR's web applications and services.
- Be part of a cross-functional team owning internal and external applications aligned to a common business domain.
- Code user stories and automated tests, investigating and fixing issues, creating architectural designs and ensuring that services run reliably.
- You have a solid understanding of programming principles.
- You have experience working in an Agile team.
- You have at least 5 years of experience with NodeJS or PHP and SQL, and knowledge of microservices architecture and PostgreSQL.
- You have experience working in a Linux environment.
- You have experience with SSH and Git.
- You have excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- You have a BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar.
- You strive to continuously learn and examine the way we work to find opportunities for improvement.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- Work in a squad-based team structure and work in small autonomous, cross-functional teams.
- Plenty of opportunities to apply your knowledge and learn about new technologies.
- Enjoy a fully-stocked kitchen and many well-being benefits.
- Work with an international team of friendly people from over 10 different nationalities.
About MYJAR in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350M in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 200 people and operate from offices in the City of London, Jersey, and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
Life at MYJAR
Want to know more about life at MYJAR? You can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog bit.ly/2prowe8
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.