MOVE Guides offers visa sponsorship
MOVE Guides will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
MOVE Guides offers mobility management software for some of the largest and best-known companies in the world to help them with workforce relocation. If you want to have an impact on a product that's making waves in the industry, take on this challenge to work as a software engineer on a world-class team! Read more about MOVE Guides
- Working closely with our customer-facing, product and engineering teams, you'll ship the best quality product and help us deliver a technically challenging roadmap.
- You will have a strong input into the way the code, product, and culture are built, driving forward the vision and exceeding our users' expectations.
- You have a strong foundation in core Java and are well-versed with building API-centric applications running in web containers like Tomcat or Jetty using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- You know enough *nix commands to work your way around Linux/Unix terminals.
- You can write conventional SQL queries and have an understanding of good database design.
- You don’t mind doing a mix of front-end and back-end development.
- You are a lifelong learner with a curious mind in figuring out how things work, but also have a drive for getting things done.
- You'll get a locally competitive salary that'll allow you to live comfortably in Tallinn.
- We'll help sort out your visa and work permit and make sure you get settled in smoothly—that's what we do, after all!
- We have a very relaxed office vibe—Friday beers, no suits, geeky t-shirts welcome.
As a software engineer on our innovative team, you'll get to play around with our stack, which currently includes these technologies:
•Spring Framework including Spring Boot for microservices
•JUnit, Cucumber, Spock (Groovy) for testing
•AngularJS, Ecmascript 6, jQuery, CSS3 (LESS), HTML5, JSP for front-end
•Maven, npm and webpack for builds, pre-processing and transpiling
•MQ technology for asynchronous message delivery between services
•Jasmine with Karma for front-end testing
•Selenium for regression testing
•Looker via Redshift
•Git and Bitbucket
We think you'll love working with us. Why? We are as agile as they come, working in fortnightly sprint release cycles. We've shaped a very open environment where all ideas and feedback are welcome. You can be sure we really mean that—you'll have plenty of opportunities to speak your mind at project kick-off and round table sessions, regular reviews, retrospectives, tech discussions, and debates.
To help accelerate learning (one of our key values) we frequently hold drop-in sessions and lunch and learns. You'll occasionally also find yourself working on proofs of concept to bring in new ideas or technologies, helping us make sure we stay ahead of the game.
In return for your commitment, passion, and energy, our promise to you is to help you become the best in the world and grow your career. If you are self-motivated and love fast-paced, dynamic environments where you'll get to play with complicated code and new technologies, MOVE Guides is the place for you.
What do you say? Ready for the career move of a lifetime? Apply today, and before you know it, you could be joining us in Tallinn—an innovative (and affordable) city boasting an awesome tech scene.
About MOVE Guides
MOVE Guides is a technology company offering mobility management software for some of the largest and best-known companies in the world to help them relocate their workforce around the world.
A modern global mobility program needs a powerful technology platform to keep pace with the complexities of relocation and the rapidly evolving global landscape. Our Talent Mobility Cloud is the leading platform for global mobility providing our customers with the tools and insight to centrally manage their entire mobility program from start to finish. It brings together their complete global mobility supply chain, expense management details and employee activities into a Single Mobility View.
We partner with HR and finance departments to manage and deliver full global mobility programs for new hires, relocations, projects, and expatriate assignments across more than 200 locations and with a global network of more than 1,000 vendor partners. Using MOVE Guides, companies meet their business objectives by improving employee satisfaction and productivity, increasing efficiency and ensuring financial controls and compliance.
In 6 years we have grown to 140+ employees in our offices in London, San Francisco, and Hong Kong. In March 2017, we acquired the Estonian startup Teleport and are now looking to significantly expand our engineering teams in our Tallinn office.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.