Product Owner (Fraud)
Agoda offers visa sponsorship
Agoda will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Bangkok, Thailand
Agoda’s product owners are responsible for defining the overall strategy and goals for Agoda’s various products, including the website, mobile applications and mobile website, email marketing, as well as advanced internal products and tools such as algorithmic PPC bidding systems and pricing software. This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand. Read more about Agoda
- Develop and continuously adapt the product strategy and vision for managing risk and fraud prevention.
- Leading company-wide product innovation.
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks.
- Working with graphic designers to create and maintain consistent, branded look and feel across all products.
- Defining navigational flow and user experience on the site, apps, etc.
- Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans.
- Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives.
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action.
- Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- Experience and passion for web design, functionality and testing.
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible.
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business.
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies.
- MBA or advanced math, computer science or statistics degree preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of fraud prevention/detection within the field of online businesses is preferred.
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve.
- Openness to change and new information.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses.
- Process oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to identify and keep up-to-date on relevant global trends.
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to ‘speed wins’ philosophy.
- Highly ethical.
- Sense of humor, humility.
Product owners drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. Product owners will create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that Agoda’s products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of our many customer groups.
A product owner will see the big picture and the small details at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well – conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
In summary, an Agoda Product Owner can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 1 million accommodation options worldwide in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Life at Agoda
Our workforce of over 2,800 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive. We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.
Agoda is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.