PostgreSQL Database Architect (Mobile Banking)
Monese offers visa sponsorship
Monese will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
We are looking for a talented Database Architect to make sure our mission-critical systems are up and running, and several aspects—like global scalability, optimising and planning of distributed DB systems—are taken care of. Join us in Tallinn, one of Europe's most tech-savvy and startup-minded cities! Read more about Monese
- You have at least 4 years of experience with large-scale PostgreSQL database setup, design, and maintenance.
- You have at least 2 years of AWS experience.
- Just by taking one look at a database schema and process tables, you know what can be improved.
- You have experience working in an agile development environment.
- You have strong prototyping skills and a knack for balancing planning and executing.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of big data.
- Startup experience.
- Apply and let's talk about your salary and benefits!
- Join an incredible team of open-minded people dedicated to creating the best banking product yet.
- We have an international team and fun office environment with plenty of perks.
- You'll know your contributions matter on every level in making our service the best it can be.
- This is an opportunity for independent and self-reliant work.
- You will have the opportunity to progress in your career as well as be an essential part of a growing team and process.
We opened our doors two years ago. Our systems are working and our databases up and running. But we're a startup—that means we're adding functionality, polishing stuff, expanding, and growing fast (clients, transactions...). So far, our awesome engineering team has been planning the architecture of our databases and optimising them. But there comes a time when these kinds of systems badly need a dedicated geek with the experience to take over and own it.
About Monese in London, United Kingdom
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese product already serves tens of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Life at Monese
Our fast-growing team is located in London, UK and Tallinn, Estonia. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a startup with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenue.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.