Senior Java Software Engineer
Do you know Java like the back of your hand? Do you want to make a difference in the payments industry? Ixaris is hiring in stunning Malta! Read more about Ixaris
- Translate high level business requirements into system design within the existing system architecture
- Ensure high quality in deliverables and continuous improvement within area of responsibility
- Develop, test and maintain Java code as dictated by project requirements
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Work with and mentor junior team members
- Construct Proof of Concepts and assess their viability
- Evaluate and provide feedback on available and emerging technologies to determine the potential impacts and business value
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an application development role, with proven track record of delivery
- Demonstrated ability to balance scope and quality against time to market in a minimum viable product whilst working towards the right level quality in the final product
- Demonstrated in depth expertise with Java, Java Frameworks, Spring, Hibernate, Object-Oriented design, and development principles
- Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Working experience in Agile projects, preferably using Scrum/XP practices
- Competitive financial package
- Relocation assistance
- Health insurance
- A chance to work with our star team!
We're looking to recruit a senior Java engineer to help in the creation of innovative payment technologies that will revolutionize the payments industry.
Forming part of one of our development teams and working closely with the team lead and our technical architects, you will be involved in the design, development, testing and maintenance of payment products as well as in the training and mentoring of junior team members. As part of the role, you will be required to keep up to date with latest trends and technologies, and see how these can be best used in our projects. If you are looking to work in a fun, challenging, fast-paced environment with ample opportunities for growth, this role might just be for you.
Ixaris has brought innovation to the payments industry for over 12 years. In 2003, we launched Europe’s first virtual prepaid Visa card, EntroPay, offering millions of global consumers a safe, reliable and convenient way to pay online.
Our Payments Server and accompanying prepaid payment apps have revolutionized the way our commercial clients operate. So much so we’ve made them available to financial institutions, payments entrepreneurs and innovators so they can create, sell and deliver their own branded payments services.
Furthermore, our desire to lead the way in delivering next generation payments solutions has resulted in Ixaris founding the European Union-funded Open Payments Ecosystem – which will enable an explosion in payment applications addressing diverse customer needs through open infrastructure.
Whilst being rooted in the tried and tested, we are a company which prides itself in being at the forefront of online payments. This is achieved through a commitment to develop using the latest technologies, while respecting good practice industry standards; using the right tool for the right job.
Creators, developers, marketers, managers, sales people, and dreamers – we just love tech. And every single one of us has played a part in making Ixaris a leading innovator in the payments industry. If you love tech as much as we do, you’ll love working at Ixaris.