Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Studyportals does not offer visa sponsorship
Studyportals will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
in Eindhoven, Netherlands
We’re out to solve a burning problem: how do we effectively connect people from all around the world to global education opportunities in a way that is useful and relevant for them? You can help us solve that problem by becoming our next software engineer! If you are passionate about problem-solving and like to work in a crazy, kind and performance-driven team, join us! Read more about Studyportals
- Develop software using PHP7 (less and less, as we are transitioning towards microservices), Typescript and NodeJS.
- Improve our infrastructure using AWS.
- Continuously improve your skills by taking the initiative to learn and share your knowledge with others. We take personal development seriously.
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams towards building scalable, top-notch products.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- You have experience developing advanced applications using any object-oriented language, such as PHP5/PHP7, C#, or Java.
- You have experience with persistent data structures such as MySQL or NoSQL.
- You naturally stay up-to-date with the latest trends in software design (because things evolve at such a rapid pace in this field).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or any other Cloud Computing Platform (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform), is a clear advantage.
- You like to collaborate, appreciate open communication and are comfortable with working cross-functionally as part of your day-to-day work.
- We are an international company, therefore your English should be polished enough to be able to work properly.
- You are an EU citizen or have a valid EU work permit.
Compensation & Benefits
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- Competitive salary, including an excellent, performance-based bonus scheme (we like to give credit where credit is due).
- 25 days paid leave (with the possibility to buy/sell 5 days).
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs.
- A discount for a collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurance, from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurance.
- Freedom to prototype, depending on the challenges we face.
- Bi-weekly hackday, during which you can freely experiment with new technologies or new projects, which you choose yourself.
- Extras that make life more interesting such as a laptop of your choice, fresh fruit, coffee and tea in the office, beer Fridays, etc.
- We-re located in the vibrant Strijp-S area in Eindhoven. An exciting hub of entrepreneurship, technology and design, just 10 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes away from the airport.
- A full-time position, with full-on perks.
- The opportunity to make our world a little better. Be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the global market is desperately waiting for.
- A great company environment that is serious about fun with everything we do. That includes frequent memorable team events, table tennis, slide, karaoke nights (it’s okay if you don’t sing) etc.
- Get on a career path, not just on another job.
- Technical problems to solve that get your brain going, especially as we scale.
Our challenge is to build, adapt, and create the biggest education search platform in the world, bringing absolute transparency and reliability to international higher education. That is why we have been putting a lot of work and proverbial sweat into creating platforms (mastersportal.com or bachelorsportal.com, for example) that are valuable to students and agile-enough for the demands of the international education industry. We are both student- and university-centered, and encourage our stakeholders to be the main architects of our online platforms. You can help us bring our platforms to the next level.
The technology behind Studyportals’ platforms is based on PHP7, Typescript and AWS Services. Virtually, all of our systems have been developed in-house and are in compliance with modern quality standards. We work in a service-oriented architecture, powered by our own RESTful API and AWS. In parallel, we are scaling up our infrastructure, moving more towards AWS. This is because we want to get the most benefits out of the large variety of infrastructure and services available.
As an engineer, you will play an important role in further developing our infrastructure using AWS and other services. This will be the base of all our future products. Your responsibilities will range from working on the core of our systems all the way up to producing proof-of-concept web applications. The front-end developers and UX designers will help you to turn your proof-of-concept applications into true and performant “online experiences”.
You will work in a multidisciplinary, international Scrum Team of about five people, taking input from our visual designers, UX designers and our stakeholders. Your goal will be to put out the best implementations possible. We are currently focusing on becoming more data-driven, expanding our continuous deployment process and test-driven development.
As an experienced software engineer, you understand what it takes to build scalable web applications. The mindset that you should bring to the team is that that your skill-set should not be limited to only writing good code (that’s great, but it won’t be enough here). You are ambitious to reach your goals and are able to work independently, as well as in a team.
About Studyportals in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Studyportals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
The Studyportals team now consists of over a hundred and seventy people worldwide from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. Studyportals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.