in Patan, Nepal
This team in the extraordinary country of Nepal is all about creating impact through innovative solutions. If you're a strong leader with years of software architecture design and development experience under your belt, join YoungInnovations as their CTO and make a real difference in the world! Read more about YoungInnovations
- Lead technical strategy and planning to support our business goals
- Oversee implementation and deployment
- Be in charge of operational management of the tech side of the company
- University degree in computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline
- 5+ years of software architecture design and development experience
- Proven track record of success in leadership positions
- Exceptional project management skills
- Startup experience
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve
- business problems
- Experience in designing scalable systems
- Experience managing web application development
- Hands-on coding experience with modern web application frameworks
- Familiarity with more than one software development methodology
- Knowledge of web standards
- Experience with UNIX system administration, DevOps and web server configuration
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management
- Knowledge of internet protocols, database management systems, and revision control
- We believe that when you work hard, the little things should be taken care of for you. We’ll provide a delicious lunch for you every day, cool refreshing drinks in the hot summer afternoons and tea to warm you in the winter.
- We provide paid sick leave up to the national maximum, a vibrant workspace, frequent Friday rooftop socials along with annual retreats, parties and celebrations! Throw in our weekly futsal, badminton and tennis leagues together with our daily table tennis matches and you have workplace heaven!
- You’ll be a part of our active learning community where in-house experts (your colleagues!) run weekly Skill Learning workshops and Knowledge Sharing sessions to help you hone your skills.
We are a close-knit group of tech-lovers who work together to produce high-quality products we can take pride in. Each day at the office comes with new and important challenges which push us to think outside the box, improve our skills and learn continuously. Add invigorating lunch conversations, guitar jamming sessions, competitive rounds of table tennis and laughter, and you’re starting to get the idea of what a normal day looks like at YoungInnovations.
If you have what it takes to take on this challenge, send in your application along with a snappy cover letter and links to your work!
About YoungInnovations in Patan, Nepal
YoungInnovations is a technology company that creates innovative and powerful solutions to global development problems. We aren’t in the technology business to get rich (or die trying!), to build hip social media apps or to eventually make a killing on an IPO. YoungInnovations is a special kind of technology company.
We specialize in global development; we build partnerships and technology that can change the way the world works for the poorest and most vulnerable people in our societies.
Every line of code we write at YoungInnovations has an impact, which is appropriate, given that our key goal is to increase the impact of the work that global development organizations do. We build products, tools, and websites that focus on solving problems by providing tailored and innovative solutions which actually work in local contexts. By taking the time to understand the real needs and situations of the people which development work aims to help, we never fail to build products which will be both used and useful.
Why work for YoungInnovations? Our products are globally renowned; from making aid data more transparent or providing abused women with ways to securely report and deter that abuse to allowing local citizens to give real-time feedback on the quality of development projects in their communities or gathering and analyzing data to improve earthquake resistance in schools, we do work that matters. Excited yet? Come join us.