Senior Back-End Software Engineer
Bolt (previously Taxify) offers visa sponsorship
This job listing is a part of the Career Hunt 2019 campaign. Career Hunt rockets your IT-career straight to the Nordic tech-hub – Estonia. Apply, because the TOP 25 candidates around the world will be flown to Estonia for a tech-tour, given the chance to meet the biggest IT-wonders and get VIP-shortcuts for job interviews in selected companies! Read more at careerhunt.eu
in Tallinn, Estonia
We're looking for a senior software engineer to join our team of thinkers, innovators and go-getters, shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We are not really looking for Node.js experts, but for cross-language engineers for whom a specific stack is just a tool to solve a problem, not the solution itself. Read more about Bolt
- Design and build Bolt's growing back-end systems.
- Coding - mostly in Node.js and TypeScript (previous experience with Node.js is not required).
- Proactively fix upcoming bugs and solve technical challenges.
- Contribute ideas to our product development roadmap.
- You have experience in Node.js/C++/Java or any OO language.
- You have a university degree in a technical subject (computer science, mathematics or similar).
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software development.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.
- You have a solid understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- You have experience with any SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL).
- Experience with micro-service and distributed systems.
- Interest in real-time and asynchronous systems.
- Familiarity with any cloud systems (AWS, Azure, Google app engine).
Compensation & Benefits
- Monthly Bolt credit - both for work and leisure rides.
- Great compensation - motivational base pay and company stock options.
- Work with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events.
- Work in one of the coolest offices in Tallinn - ping-pong table, free snacks/drinks.
- Flexible working hours - as long as you get the work done.
- Impactful work - you'll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world.
- No corporate BS - we're moving too fast for that.
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe.
About Bolt in Tallinn, Estonia
Bolt (formerly Taxify) is one of the fastest-growing startups in the world, with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building the future of transport – one platform that connects you with cars, motorcycles, scooter sharing, and anything else you need to move around in your city. Fast, convenient and affordable for everyone, as transport should be.
Life at Bolt
Bolt's engineering teams are working on unique product challenges: complex algorithms for demand prediction, optimal real-time pricing, routing, fraud detection, distributed systems and much more. Volumes are growing at a steady pace.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in massively disrupting the urban transportation area. While the company is well-backed by strong investors and top talent, it’s small enough for every individual to have a big impact on its future and benefit from a sky-rocketing equity package!
Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators, and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia, and we have offices in 30+ countries around the world.
Let’s build the future of transportation together!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.