Senior Software Engineer
Fortumo offers visa sponsorship
Fortumo will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tartu, Estonia
We are looking for an addition to our merchant services engineering team. This is a great career move for you if you are passionate about products that are used by millions of people globally and enjoy having a say in setting the course for where Fortumo is heading on a technical level. Read more about Fortumo
- Bring the visions and ideas of internal stakeholders (both business and engineering) to life and keep the existing codebase up and running without hiccups.
- Build and maintain large-scale payment products.
- Participate in the end-to-end lifecycle (from design to release to decommission) of services
- writing tested and maintainable software, employing the benefits of Continuous Integration, various testing methods and improving the testing infrastructure.
- Leverage Cloud Computing services like Amazon Web Services and Fortumo's DevOps team to build high availability services and design the infrastructure around it.
- Show initiative in bringing out technical improvements regarding our products.
- Be in the know of industry trends and incorporate cutting edge data analytics, infrastructure and other modern solutions into our workflow.
- Own the responsibility of the technical aspects of monthly projects.
- Contribute to the team's growth and professional development.
- You want to challenge yourself in a high-velocity agile environment and deadline-driven development.
- You are able to take initiative and work independently without having the need for being micromanaged.
- You understand general software development practices and methods.
- You are quality-minded – comfortable with testing, automation (autodeploy, CI, etc.)
- You are fluent in Java and preferably in some other language.
- You have some knowledge of handling data in either relational or non-relational datastores.
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- A competitive compensation package recognising your performance and accomplishments.
- Frequent all-inclusive team events that will help you quickly integrate into our fun team.
- Great tools and a cosy working environment in Tartu's city centre.
- The opportunity to work together with a talented international team that has a lot of experience in the payments and mobile industry.
- The chance to work together with leading companies of the industry (e.g. Google, Spotify, iflix), building services for millions of people.
- The possibility to grow with one of the coolest engineering teams in Estonia.
You will be an integral part of our engineering organisation, where you will have great opportunities for growth, strong personal impact and delivering great products.
Fortumo is a mobile payments company that enables direct carrier billing with more than 350 mobile operators in over 100 countries. Fortumo’s payment products work across a wide range of platforms including desktop devices, smartphones, feature phones, tablets and smart TV-s. Founded in 2007, Fortumo has offices in Estonia, San Francisco, Beijing, Delhi, Singapore & Hanoi and is backed by Intel Capital and Greycroft Partners.
About Fortumo in Tartu, Estonia
Fortumo is a mobile payments company that enables direct carrier billing with more than 350 mobile operators in 90+ countries. Fortumo's payment products work across a wide range of platforms including desktop devices, smartphones, feature phones, tablets and smart TV-s. These products give consumers a simple, one-click payment method to charge online purchases to their phone bill.
For app stores, digital media companies and game developers, Fortumo provides one integration with 350 mobile operators as well as a single point of contact for settlements, reporting, support and infrastructure upgrades.
Founded in 2007, Fortumo has offices in Estonia, San Francisco, Beijing, Delhi, Singapore and Hanoi, and is backed by Intel Capital and Greycroft Partners.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.