Software Engineer (Python)
Visa sponsorship not offered
Solaris Offgrid is currently only able to consider candidates with existing EU work permits.
in Valencia, Spain
We are looking for experienced software engineers who are excited to learn new things and help us bring electricity to developing countries in Africa. If you're closely familiar with Python and want to be challenged in a particularly rewarding way, join our R&D team in sunny Valencia, Spain! Read more about Solaris Offgrid
- Work with the team to understand the challenges faced by field staff in Tanzania.
- Take part in kick-off meetings with Tanzanian stakeholders.
- Code your own features, closely cooperating with the stakeholders.
- Test features and review code of other members of the team.
- Demo your feature to the Tanzanian field team that will be using it on a day-to-day basis.
- Help improve code quality and find bugs in the software to keep it reliable.
- You are very familiar with Python.
- You can work well independently and with others.
- You have some practical software architecture and database design experience.
- You have experience in Agile, TDD, and DevOps.
- If you’re missing some of these skills but think you still have the chops, go ahead and apply!
- We are currently only able to consider candidates with EU work permits.
- Bonus points if you also like UI/UX design or data mining.
- We'll pay you a competitive salary based on your experience and skill level.
- Our office is 5 minutes away from the beach.
- You'll have the possibility of visiting our operations in Tanzania.
- You can work remotely 4 weeks a year.
About Solaris Offgrid in London, United Kingdom
Solaris Offgrid makes hardware and management software that allowed us to bring electricity to more than 8000 people in Tanzania, adding hundreds more every month and we hope to do a lot more with an extra person onboard.
Our fast-growing R&D in Spain develops the hardware and the management software with constant exchange with the field team.
Our operations in Tanzania provide Solar Home Systems (Solar panel + battery + lights + phone chargers + other appliances) to off-grid farmers. To make it available to as many people as possible, we developed a pay-as-you-go platform, which allows our customers to pay-back their system over 3 years, sending a small amount of money every week through mobile money.
We also provide other companies with our hardware and software in other developing countries such as Cameroon, Benin, Senegal and Nigeria.