Lead Full-Stack Developer
SMSwarriors offers visa sponsorship
SMSwarriors will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Msida, Malta
SMSwarriors’ tech team is now working on creating the next version of their own bespoke platform. The platform is being built from scratch, so we are looking for a lead developer who can guide the rest of the team in the right direction while also contributing to the code, meaning recent full-stack knowledge is a must-have. Read more about SMSwarriors
- Guide and mentor senior and junior developers.
- Contribute key parts of the code for both front-end and back-end.
- Lead code reviews for both teams and ensure developers follow best-practices (including testing).
- Assist developers with troubleshooting problematic code.
- Identify system bottlenecks and improve scalability.
- Work in an agile and scrum-based environment.
- Be an expert on proper git practices (and git-flow branching).
- You know how C# and the .NET Framework work (you understand the CLR).
- You are familiar with MySQL/SQL Server and you know the low-level difference between a clustered and un-clustered index.
- You are familiar with design and architectural patterns.
- You design code with concurrency in mind.
- You are familiar with serverless architectures.
- You have experience with Angular 4, Bootstrap 4, HTML5 + SASS, Node.js and yarn (or npm), TypeScript.
- You are comfortable with Powershell and Windows batch and are comfortable with cmdlets.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- You are a self-starter with previous experience managing a team of developers.
- You are a team player—you may be the lead developer, but you can still listen to and evaluate ideas and suggestions from team members.
- You have the ability to motivate and educate, to share knowledge and help the team and the product evolve.
- Document DBs is a plus.
- Relocation package.
- Live on a warm island in the middle of the Mediterranean with nice weather all year round.
- Plenty of opportunities to chill and network through casual dining and wine events.
- Work with prestigious local and international clients.
- Work with a young and talented team and enjoy company retreats.
- Flexible work hours with a personal development budget.
Are you actively involved at work? Would you like to be a part of an organisation that respects you and your contributions, all the while allowing you to lead and work on your own?
You will be working on live projects that are interesting, enjoyable and useful. They will engage your expertise, as well as enable you to love what you do in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Work in a way that works for you. You will be allowed flexible working hours and more benefits as you organise and take charge of your own work. You will be heading a team of developers to ensure proper accountability and deliverability of projects. But, beware, there is a strong risk of having your ideas heard and implemented!
This is an exciting greenfield opportunity. A completely serverless, cloud-based solution is being created and we need a confident and knowledgeable lead developer to complete the current team.
About SMSwarriors in Msida, Malta
SMSwarriors is a steadily growing marketing company. Based in Malta, the company offers a complete SMS marketing solution to clients from any sector, in any jurisdiction allowing SMS Marketing. The user of the platform pre-pays for bundles of SMSs and manages their own database, never sharing data with other users of the SMSwarriors platform.
Life at SMSwarriors
SMSwarriors’ brand new pet-friendly office is located near the Msida Skatepark, only a short walk from the University of Malta. You will join a team of multicultural warriors who are passionate about their product and their colleagues. It is exactly the kind of environment that will allow you to show up for work with a smile on your face and leave with a sense of achievement. You’ll do what you enjoy, and you’ll like what you do.