Linux System Administrator/Network Engineer
MYJAR offers visa sponsorship
MYJAR will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
Do you know Linux like the back of your hand? Are you looking for an opportunity to hone your skills as part of a successful, growing team? MYJAR is looking for a sysadmin/network engineer for their tech team in Tallinn! Read more about MYJAR
- Managing all aspects of the company infrastructure
- Availability management of production services and internal services (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Security and change management as well as business and service continuity management to ensure minimal service disruption
- Release and deployment management of patches, upgrades etc.; incident and event management to minimise adverse effects on business operations
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Maximising network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- Support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Securing network system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access; reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases; configuration of routing and switching equipment
- Implementing and improving policies for the use of the computer system and network; monitoring system performance and network communication
- You have strong knowledge of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu and CentOS) and Amazon Web Services or similar cloud-hosted solutions.
- You have extensive experience supporting MySQL and PostgreSQL platforms.
- You have strong automation and scripting skills and an understanding and hands-on experience with programming principles.
- You have knowledge of VMware, middleware (Apache).
- You have extensive networking knowledge (design and implementation, troubleshooting, hardware configuration, performance tuning; Routers, Switches, VPN tunneling, firewalls).
- You have a strong grasp of computer security (e.g. firewalls and intrusion detection systems).
- You have experience with responsibility for maintaining systems with high SLA requirements.
- You have very good spoken and written English.
- You have an IT-related degree and/or at least 2 years of work experience in web applications integration and support.
- You have strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Reliability, responsibility, self-control belong to your arsenal of defining characteristics.
- You're equally comfortable working alone and on a team.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Your perks will also include Estonian language courses, extra vacation days for special life events, and parking discounts.
- We're proud of the fun, friendly, and comfortable work environment we've created. We celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays, have a recreation room, and arrange many great team events.
- We do everything in our power to promote a healthy lifestyle: You'll benefit from sporting and medical benefits, counselling when you need it, a masseur in the office, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and regular health check-ups.
This role requires broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to design and maintain solutions by mapping customer business problems to end-to-end solutions. You should have a solid understanding of technology and software programming and be able to describe them to all audiences.
This is an exciting time to join us. We're building new platforms, hiring more quickly than ever, and attracting more and more customers with our ethical and responsible approach. Ready to get in on the action? Send your application our way and let's do great things together!
About MYJAR in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350M in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 150 people and operate from offices in the City of London and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
Life at MYJAR
Want to know more about life at MYJAR? You can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog bit.ly/2prowe8
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.