Senior Back-End Developer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
InterNations offers visa sponsorship. InterNations will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Munich, Germany
Our engineering teams architect, develop and test our products. As a senior back-end developer, your mission will be to build scalable and fast back-end software. Read more about InterNations
- As a member of an international, cross-functional Product Experience Team (PXT), you will architect, implement and test new functionality and maintain existing functionality using PHP, Symfony 3, MariaDB, RabbitMQ and Solr.
- Our PXTs organize themselves using SCRUM and you will work closely with your Product Manager and your team on the feasibility of concepts and upcoming changes.
- You will write automated tests at the unit, integration and acceptance levels to assure quality and longevity of our products and a sustainable pace for future changes.
- As part of the greater engineering organization, you will lead and take part in cross-team initiatives: architectural changes, refactoring, establishment of best practices.
- You will be mentoring less experienced colleagues and support their growth.
- Technology we use: PHP 7, Symfony 3, MariaDB, Solr, RabbitMQ, Redis, Memcached, Composer, Behat, PHPUnit
- You have significant experience in a language like PHP, Java, Scala, Python or Ruby, willingness to work mostly with PHP.
- You have significant experience with a modern web framework like Symfony 3, Zend Framework 2, Laravel, Rails, Spring, Django.
- You have relevant experience working with big datasets in relational databases, search indexes or key-value stores.
- You have relevant experience or strong interest in distributed systems and scalability
- relevant experience with automated testing, be it unit-, functional- and/or acceptance testing.
- You have a strong display of engineering discipline and rigour.
- You have included a stand-out cover letter with your application.
- What we value: bettering our skills, teaching each other and learning ways to build better software; user testing, experimentation, automated testing and continuous integration to gain meaningful feedback for what we do; fostering collaboration and cooperativeness.
- Your application must include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- Support with your visa application
- Training sessions, team library, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- XING Premium membership
- Albatross membership for team members and their partners
- Regular team events and trips
- A conveniently located office
- In-house yoga and German classes, discounts for gyms and a tae kwon do studio
About InterNations in München, Germany
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3 million members in 420 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team from around 40 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.
Life at InterNations
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.
Moving to Germany
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Germany within 3-12 weeks. If you need a visa to enter Germany, the visa processing time will be added to that.