Director of Finance
in Accra, Ghana
Help PEG become the leading off-grid solar company in West Africa—they're looking for someone with a solid finance and accounting background to be their finance director. Do you accept this rewarding challenge in the infinitely fascinating country of Ghana? Read more about PEG Africa
- Own, manage and enhance the company's 5-year financial model, and the company’s cash position
- Provide strategic advice to leadership on the funding needed to meet company's objectives
- Support the CEO with potential and existing investors
- Liaise with the financial controller and his team, who manages finances, treasury and accounting functions for the subsidiaries
- Handle accounting for the holdco
- Own the company's tax and risk strategies
- Monitor company-wide inventory levels and ordering
- You have a finance, accounting or investment background.
- You have extensive financial modeling capabilities and some experience interacting with investors and preparing investment documents.
- You're comfortable with data analysis and Excel/VBA.
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- You have experience managing financial/accounting teams.
- French is a plus.
- We are offering up to $70k USD depending on your experience and background. We're also offering stock options. In addition, we will pay all of your business expenses.
- We'll cover your visa costs.
- We'll cover your return flight to Ghana
- We offer limited insurance for minor issues in Ghana (such as checkups etc.)
We work at the intersection of the most exciting trends in Africa—solar, digital finance, machine-to-machine technology. Our business model allows us to profitably deploy financing to some of the poorest people on the planet.
We welcome all qualified applicants from anywhere in the world and will provide relocation assistance to the right person. We'd like you to join us as soon as you can, so let us know your earliest possible starting date!
About PEG Africa in Ghana
PEG is the largest Pay-As-You-Go solar company in West Africa, operating in Ghana and Ivory Coast. We use innovative technology to deliver asset-based financing to poor, off-grid consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. We have over 200 full-time staff and have raised money from a both private equity and venture capital funds. In 2015, we were awarded the COP 21 energy access award, and in 2016 we were recognised as one of the fastest growing companies in Africa by the London Stock Exchange.