Quality Assurance Director
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
OKIA offers visa sponsorship
OKIA will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Hong Kong
We're looking for an experienced and meticulous quality assurance director to assure the quality of our products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards. Read more about OKIA
- Establish quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Establish raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establish in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establish standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Establish rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Establish product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepare product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complete quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the quality assurance field in eyewear, watch or hardware industries.
- You speak English and Chinese.
- You have dealt with outsource vendors before and know how to negotiate with them.
- You have excellent people management skills.
- You are able to analyze information and report research results.
- You have solid technical understanding.
- You are able to promote process improvement and develop standards.
- You are able to manage processes.
- You are familiar with manufacturing methods and procedures.
- You are comfortable dealing with complex issues and are an excellent problem solver. You are committed to process improvement.
- You speak Italian or Mandarin.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
About OKIA in Hong Kong
OKIA is an integrated eyewear service provider specialising in design, logistics and production. Drawing on over 30 years of experience in the eyewear industry, we use state-of-the-art technologies and innovative materials to achieve complete customer satisfaction.
Everything we do at OKIA is underpinned by our mission: OKIA makes you look better.
We are devoted to rapidly delivering high quality and market-leading eyewear products. Our experts oversee every stage of the optical production process, from market research and conceptualisation, to manufacture and after-sales service.
OKIA is based in Hong Kong and enjoys a prime position for entry into the lucrative Chinese market. Our location enables us to take advantage of the ultra-competitive Chinese manufacturing sector, lowering costs for our customers and facilitating the speedy production of bulk orders.
We are a flexible and responsive company, which makes us able to manufacture our products faster than our competitors in the ever-changing eyewear market.