Senior Java Developer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Supported by Work in Estonia
This job posting is a part of Work in Estonia campaign. Apply before September 23rd for an all-expenses paid trip to Estonia, where employers compete to hire and relocate you to the most digitally advanced country in the world. Finalists will be announced in early October!
in Tallinn, Estonia
Join a team of full-stack developers with a DevOps mindset to build a state-of-the-art digital commerce platform used by approximately 100 million in the U.S. Create an e-commerce platform from REST API to database as a full-stack Java developer, using Java 8 and various open source technologies. Read more about Nortal
- You have very good knowledge of Java 8 and Spring (with at least 2.5 years of solid work experience).
- You have knowledge of RESTful API, Swagger, Oracle/MySQL and OpenJPA.
- You have experience designing feature implementation.
- You have a detective's mind and the ability to present issues, findings and solutions.
- You have an understanding of the principles of Scrum methodology.
- You are open-minded, eager to learn new things and are solutions-oriented.
- You have experience working in an international environment and in cross-border teams.
- You are results-oriented and driven to meet goals.
- You have an understanding of how your work provides value to the end-user.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You are fluent in English.
- Apache Camel/CXF/ActiveMQ
- Elastic Search/Solr
- Elastic Path e-commerce platform
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- We have lunch together, we participate in Nortal’s legendary events, conferences and when the mood strikes, we all get off our benches and do something exciting!
- We strive to retain a cozy atmosphere, even though we are a multinational company with offices around the globe.
- You can contribute to the decision-making – the people in charge are in the next room and the doors are always open.
- An opportunity to grow and learn in Nortal’s developer community with +200 global advocates.
- A career path based on constant improvement, daily learning, training and developing your skills and experience in various locations.
- You can exclusively see the back stages and contribute to creating the most innovative e-commerce solutions in the US.
- Let us know if you're interested and we can talk in more detail about the job, salary and benefits!
Work on continuous integration pipeline configuration, deployment optimization, and writing JUnit and Cucumber tests. You will be joining one of our Estonian offices and you’ll be part of a cross-border, multinational team of highly skilled specialists working on a high impact solution.
About Nortal in Tallinn, Estonia
Nortal is a multinational strategic change and technology company. With strategic approach and data-driven technology we simplify and optimize complex processes. Combining the unique experience of transforming Estonia into a digital leader, as well as creating change in governments, businesses and healthcare around the world, our vision is to build a Seamless Society.
We have grown from a small shop in Southern Estonia to a global company with offices around the world. You can find us in Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Lithuania, Serbia, Oman, Dubai, and the U.S, where today we employ over 700 specialists. We have ongoing projects in more than 20 countries and we execute high-impact mission critical projects in four regions: Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and North America.
We are a one-stop-shop for customers. We offer high-value strategy consulting, as well as change management and the final delivery of solutions. We work to build a Seamless Society that stands on three pillars — enterprise, e-health, and e-government. In each of these three areas, we have helped very influential customers achieve strategic change and build better experiences. We do not just provide IT services, but actual structural reforms, focusing on the underlying impact on the target organization, whether it be governments, hospitals or private enterprises.
Life at Nortal
As technology advances, tools become more complex. Our mission at Nortal is to optimize the way these tools work, making life easier for the end user. We believe in thinking big – creating big solutions that have a meaningful, far-reaching impact, be it through better tax systems, improved healthcare or more convenient telecom services. Our projects have touched the lives of more than half a billion people around the globe, and we’re just getting started. Come join us!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.