Linux System Administrator/Network Engineer
MYJAR offers visa sponsorship
MYJAR will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
As our new Linux system administrator/network engineer, you'll be managing all aspects of the company infrastructure. You'll be responsible for security and change management as well as business and service continuity management to ensure minimal service disruption. Read more about MYJAR
- Release and deploy management of patches, upgrades etc; incident and event management to minimize adverse effects on business operations.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration; direct system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshoot network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases; configure routing and switching equipment.
- Implement and improve policies for the use of the computer system and network; monitor system performance and network communication.
- You have strong knowledge of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu and CentOS) and Amazon Web Services (or similar cloud hosted solutions).
- You have extensive experience in supporting MySQL and PostgreSQL platforms.
- You possess strong automation and scripting skills; have an understanding and hands-on experience with programming principles.
- You have good knowledge of VMware, middleware (Apache).
- You have extensive networking knowledge and a strong grasp of computer security.
- You have an IT-related degree and/or at least 2 years of working experience in web applications integration and support.
- Your collaboration skills are excellent and you are a team player type.
- Your spoken and written English skills are very good.
- Motivation package that supports a healthy lifestyle
- A competitive salary
- An environment with tools and practices that are the latest industry trends
- Team events to break the routine and a comfortable office in the city centre
- An interesting job in a growing international company
- A chance to apply your technical knowledge and keep learning
- An awesome company to be part of - we have friendly, multicultural and talented people
About MYJAR in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350M in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 150 people and operate from offices in the City of London and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
Life at MYJAR
Want to know more about life at MYJAR? You can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog bit.ly/2prowe8
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.