Mindvalley offers visa sponsorship
Mindvalley will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Mindvalley is looking for web developers to join their team of top performers in Kuala Lumpur. If you live and breathe technology and want to put your skills to the test in an award-winning work environment, read on! Read more about Mindvalley
- Develop interactive, stable, high-quality web applications through the use of HTML/HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Ruby on Rails for all web mediums.
- Work closely in functional scrum units to execute the vision of the business leaders in terms of functionality and user experience.
- Provide solutions, develop and maintain websites, and other related internal and external activities.
- Help develop IT requirements for web applications including overall tech strategy for the company.
- Respond rapidly to continuous changes and real-time updates required to web sites.
- Conduct internal training and knowledge sharing regularly.
- Mentor junior developers to increase their code quality and productivity.
- 3-8 years of experience with your favorite language(s)—preferably Ruby.
- An understanding of current web development standards and software development paradigms.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high-quality web software at scale.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of program/project management techniques and styles.
- Multitasking skills and a very organized working style.
- Proficient analytical skills.
- Excellent root cause analysis problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing a team of 3-5 members.
- Ability to work well under pressure developing key features for high volume business-critical financial systems.
- Apply and let's talk about your salary and benefits.
- A Macbook or PC laptop, which you can take home and use on the weekends and after working hours.
- We have our own 150-seater auditorium that hosts the best tech meetups in our city, with tons of growth and connection opportunities.
- Work on a team that's launching some of the most innovative and highest grossing apps on the iTunes store.
- Our company is a 6 time winner of the "World's Most Democratic Workplace Award."
- An office that was voted one of the top ten "Coolest Offices in the World" in an Inc Magazine audience poll.
- Exposure to some of the best knowledge, people and resources available anywhere,which you can apply to your own projects.
- A modern office environment - play, create, learn and grow.
As a mid-level web developer at Mindvalley, you should have solid technical skills across a broad range of programming languages, paradigms, tools, and processes. You should also have an unmatched passion for technology, an obsession with quality, relevant software development experience of 3-8 years and preferably have professional, production experience with Ruby, Elixir or Python.
We are looking for someone who can get things done on time without drama and maintain a healthy cadence whilst delivering top quality software. If you live and breathe technology, regularly get invited to give talks at both deep-tech and business conferences, run a successful and popular tech-blog, contribute code to the open source projects that you've used regularly and you love mentoring and coaching more junior developers—you might be the one!
You must have a solution-oriented mindset and a tendency to be at your most productive in a collaborative team environment. In this role it's essential to be a team player; we succeed because we catch and support each other in our work. In your day-to-day operations, you must appreciate receiving feedback on your work because you know it’ll make you even better at your job. You should also be comfortable assisting your teammates by doing the same in the form of code reviews, general feedback, and structured sharing.
Your responsibilities will include designing, architecting, developing and maintaining web applications. Designing, completing and maintaining complex 3rd party integrations and also troubleshooting existing web applications and integrations. Our tech stack predominantly consists of Ruby on Rails, nginx, PostgreSQL, Redis with Linode as the host. Production/professional experience with any of these technologies will be a big plus.
Please note that we are also looking for developers at other seniority levels, so don't hesitate to apply if your profile isn't a 100% match for the above requirements!
Mindvalley is a global brand and company that invests in, creates and builds businesses that align with its goal to push humanity forward. Mindvalley grew from its roots as a digital publishing company, to build a series of successful businesses in a wide variety of sectors ranging from mobile apps, marketing, technology, personal growth and entrepreneurship, to health and wellness. It’s been a fun, crazy ride so far.
Across our companies, we employ over 200 employees from over 40 nationalities, working in our award-winning space, Mindvalley HQ. We’re global, and we sure love diversity. If you join us, we will sponsor your visa/work permit.
We stand for ideas, companies, and products that allow human beings to live healthier, happier lives. From creating and investing in startups and education models that inspire and foster progress and innovation, to creating work cultures that cultivate creativity and freedom—we are ambitiously, ridiculously, and irreverently determined to unleash the full potential of humanity and move the planet forward.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Moving to Malaysia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Malaysia within approximately 4 weeks after submitting your application. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia, the visa processing time will be added to that.