in Tallinn, Estonia
Performance, integrity, security—if it's got anything to do with databases, you've got it covered. Bring your skills and experience to the MYJAR team and see what life in Estonia has to offer! Read more about MYJAR
- Identify database requirements by interviewing customers, analyzing department applications, programming and operations, evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems
- Recommend solutions by defining database structure and functional capabilities, security, data back-up, and recovery specifications
- Install revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts, recommending optimum access techniques, and coordinating installation requirements
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters, implementing new releases, completing maintenance requirements, evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products
- Prepare users by conducting training, providing information, resolving problems, answering questions and requests
- Support database functions by designing and coding utilities
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary
- Manage database security/integrity and backup procedures
- Monitor performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Install and test new versions of the DBMS
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of database management and SQL, NoSQL databases (MySQL and CouchDB in particular)
- Advanced knowledge of database performance tuning
- Good knowledge of database security and information security policies
- Ability to present technical information to all audiences
- Focus on quality and efficiency
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Ability to work independently and also within a team
- Very good spoken and written English
- Ideally, a degree related to programming/systems or computer science or equivalent work experience in a similar role
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to challenge the status quo, and desire to proactively promote improvements where appropriate
- Reliability, responsibility, self-control
- Attention to detail, punctuality, and organization
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- We do everything in our power to promote a healthy lifestyle: You'll benefit from sporting and medical benefits, counselling when you need it, a masseur in the office, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and regular health check-ups.
- We're proud of the fun, friendly, and comfortable work environment we've created. We celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays, have a recreation room, and arrange many great team events.
- Your perks will also include Estonian language courses, extra vacation days for special life events, and parking discounts.
As a database administrator at MYJAR, you'll be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of all our databases. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
This is an exciting time to join us. We're building new platforms, hiring more quickly than ever, and attracting more and more customers with our ethical and responsible approach. Ready to get in on the action? Send your application our way and let's do great things together!
Meanwhile, you can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog: bit.ly/2prowe8
in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350m in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 150 people and operate from offices in the City of London and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.