Senior Back-End Engineer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
LoveToKnow Media does not offer visa sponsorship
You must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
in Barcelona, Spain
Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. If you are looking to help establish modern development practices and to provide back-end development guidance to other teams, then we want to speak with you. Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. Read more about LoveToKnow Media
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Mature the site's development practices and processes to include automated unit, integration, and acceptance testing; automated builds and deploys; continuous integration; and other tools/processes you deem appropriate.
- Guide the transition of the site's framework and architectural design to a more modern approach of loosely coupled services and frameworks.
- Mentor other developers working both on this site, and other projects who are utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, graphic design, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
- You are fluent in multiple programming languages and constantly learning new technologies.
- You have a deep understanding of software engineering fundamentals, including: object-oriented analysis, design, and programming; software design patterns; data structures; and algorithms.
- You have a strong background in automating software testing, delivery, and infrastructure changes.
- You are familiar with data modelling and database design.
- You have at least 5+ years' experience engineering websites and services.
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- You have excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- You must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
- Experience utilizing and automating cloud computing services a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- Perks include a flexible schedule, friendly office environment, English language courses, professional training, drinks/snacks, and discounts on gym fees and other services.
- Receive recognition and rewards for achieving your business goals.
- Work in a premium office, at a convenient location in the main shopping district in Barcelona.
- LoveToKnowMedia brings Silicon Valley to Barcelona. You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest growing digital brand names.
This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the Product Manager. You will initially be working on a large PHP 5/Symfony 1.4-based website. Your work will have high impact and be highly visible—this is a profitable, public website with millions of monthly visitors.
About LoveToKnow Media
LoveToKnow Corp's family of websites comprises one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Reaching 30 million (unique) visitors each month, across 100 million page views, LoveToKnow Corp is a company with headquarters in Silicon Valley, CA.
LoveToKnow.com is the #2 destination for women online, providing not only the information people "love to know," but also what they need to know. Expert writers and editors have developed more than 100 channels on everything from cooking and parenting, to health, pets, and everything in between. With a Comscore index of 275, LoveToKnow.com will launch a Spanish language version of the site and Barcelona presence in summer 2017.
YourDictionary.com is a best-in-class grammar and education reference site for students, teachers, parents and homeschoolers. In addition to easy-to-understand word definitions, grammar tips, and pronunciation help, it includes sentence examples, famous quotes and help for acing your favorite word games!
Trails.com is a leading site for outdoor enthusiasts, providing thousands of trail guides, topographic maps, and tips for maximum enjoyment of outdoor sports and activities. Get guides and information on hiking, mountain biking, mountaineering, trail running, snow sports and water sports.
GolfLink.com is the most inclusive online golf community with over 100,000 members. GolfLink is the ultimate golf destination with tons of valuable information golfers of all abilities will enjoy and appreciate, offering access to over 20,000 golf courses, including yardage maps, unique flyovers and exclusive deals and discounts, and expert tips and videos.