You have a few years of solid iOS experience under your belt and now you're ready to share it with the world. You understand the importance of helping others learn, and you love a good challenge. To top it off, you'd relish an opportunity to work in Singapore for 6 months. If this is a perfect description of you, check out ALPHA Camp's offer! Read more about ALPHA Camp
- Coach and facilitate students in learning iOS app development, from fundamentals to advanced level
- Listen to the students and encourage full expression of opinions and views in class
- Co-develop and improve our curriculum based on students’ feedback and industry best practices
- You're a competent iOS developer with 3-5 years of experience.
- You share our passion for helping others learn.
- You have experience developing complete iOS projects.
- You are an effective communicator (experience in teaching is a plus, but we are open to anyone with the commitment to learn).
- You enjoy meeting people, making friends, and giving back to the community.
- You have empathy for new learners and the ability to relate to their learning challenges.
- You share our belief in collaborative learning, coupled with the use of online resources to enhance the learning environment and dynamics in class.
- Salary range: SGD 5,000 – 8,000
- We'll provide visa sponsorship for the right candidate.
- We have an in-house Train-the-Trainer program in place to provide you with the right set of tools and coaching to build a dynamic and collaborative learning environment for the students.
ALPHA Camp takes pride in providing a conducive and dynamic campus environment for our students. We are looking for an iOS instructor who is deeply passionate about knowledge sharing and coaching others in building iOS app technologies.
As our iOS instructor, your job is to help our students develop skills and potentially launch careers in iOS app development. This is done via classroom facilitation, workshops, and mentoring and coaching. You will also be responsible for improving our curriculum by curating and developing new content, problem sets, and homework. We also offer an instructor training program to help you become a competent mentor and coach in technology development.
This will account for 80% of your time at ALPHA Camp.
What about the rest of the time? At ALPHA Camp, we believe combining teaching and doing is the best way to develop one’s craft. This is why we reserve 20% of our instructors' time (1 day a week) and encourage them to personal development or external projects.
Being a part of ALPHA Camp gives you a great platform to network with experts and leaders from the technology and startup scene. You will get to meet with professionals from various backgrounds. Now, are you up for the challenge?
What is it like working at ALPHA Camp Singapore? It's not 9-to-5 work. It's not easy and it's not fancy—because what we do is help people. Working at ALPHA Camp is challenging. We focus on getting things done. Our team members a enjoy taking on challenges. Although we come from different cultural backgrounds and expertise, we share a common mission and work hard to make it a reality.
Working at ALPHA Camp makes you grow fast. You will surprise yourself with how fast your grow. You will be joining us for 6 months in Singapore. There's a possibility you could then teach for another 6 months in Taipei—let's see how it goes!
About ALPHA Camp
ALPHA Camp is a tech and startup school that helps people launch successful careers in the new digital economy. We equip our students with the skills, mindset and professional network they need to succeed.
Founded in 2014 by an MIT graduate, ALPHA Camp has conducted trainings for over 2,500 students and professionals in Asia. For our immersive bootcamp, over 90% of job-seeking students are successfully employed within 3 months of graduation. Many alumni have also launched their own technology startups.
We currently offer classes in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. We strive to become Asia’s most extensive community of world class tech and startup talents.