Senior Java Developer
Swedbank offers visa sponsorship
This job listing is a part of the Career Hunt 2019 campaign. Career Hunt rockets your IT-career straight to the Nordic tech-hub – Estonia. Apply, because the TOP 25 candidates around the world will be flown to Estonia for a tech-tour, given the chance to meet the biggest IT-wonders and get VIP-shortcuts for job interviews in selected companies! Read more at careerhunt.eu
in Tallinn, Estonia
Do you want to work with talented engineers, designers and product managers to help us develop products and services that have a real impact and are used by millions? We're on a hunt for Java-minded software engineers! As part of a cross-functional, agile team, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of various applications and services. Read more about Swedbank
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Java.
- You have experience with SQL or PL/SQL.
- You have solid knowledge in testing.
- You have an understanding of Agile development methodologies and principles of Clean Code, Object Oriented Design, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development.
- You are open-minded, eager to learn new things and are solutions-oriented.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- We share business success with you - we have many employee events where we keep employees informed on how the company is doing, recognize employee achievements and have fun together!
- We support your development through different training courses, talent programs, career coaching, rotation opportunities, etc. We encourage internal mobility - our international job market offers many career paths.
- We have a flexible workplace that helps you keep a work-life balance. To support employee well-being, we provide health checks, additional vacation, in-house sports facilities, compensation for sports activities outside of the company, support during private life events, etc.
- We influence great things - we consider it important to contribute to society by means of voluntary activities in which many of our employees take part.
Depending on your interest, you could participate in developing our mobile app (Android and iOS), Swedbank's internal and external channels (including Internet bank, Mobile bank, Swedbank Gateway) or the systems and applications that make sure that banking products and services (like loans, leasing, insurance etc.) run smoothly for internal and external customers.
If you're looking for new challenges, want to grow your skillset and work in a cross-functional agile development team, then we'd like to hear from you. With us you can build solutions that benefit millions of our customers!
About Swedbank in Tallinn, Estonia
Swedbank is the largest bank in Estonia. We offer a wide selection of financial services both to private (900,000) and corporate (132,000) customers. Our internet bank has 525,000 and mobile bank 332,000 users (Estonia has 1,3 million citizens). We have around 2500 employees in Estonia, of whom 500 are working in IT. We also have the largest network of bank branches and ATMs in Estonia.
We enable people, businesses and society to grow.
We are open, simple and caring.
Read our IT blog: email@example.com
Life at Swedbank
At Swedbank we:
- embrace diversity and equality;
- support development and internal mobility;
- have an international work environment;
- value work-life balance;
- have flexible work hours, work place and workload;
- create a collaborative culture and have fun along the way!
Come as you are!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.