Presales and Services Engineer
in Leuven, Belgium
GuardSquare is looking for a passionate computer scientist with a strong interest in software security and the will to support prospects, customers, and colleagues. If that's you, let your next big career step take you to vibrant Leuven! Read more about GuardSquare
- You'll give presentations about our products and about mobile security at conferences, seminars, etc.
- You'll give webinars, training and consultancy about our products and about mobile security.
- You'll assist prospects with technical queries. Our customers include individual developers and top brands in various industries, providing unique feedback to constantly learn and improve our software.
- You'll also assist companies that are doing a Proof of Concept with our products.
- You will perform penetration tests on the mobile apps of our customers.
- You'll get the opportunity to research the latest mobile security and hacking technologies. The mobile world is evolving fast and we have to stay on top of it.
- You'll implement novel techniques to protect mobile applications.
- You'll provide timely and insightful input back to engineering, product management, and marketing.
- Familiarity with Android and/or iOS app development
- Experience with Windows, Linux and Apple
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- A dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- A bachelor or master in a computer science oriented study or an equivalent through experience
- The will to help colleagues and customers
- Flexibility to perform various tasks
- Disciplined and independent worker, able to prioritize and self-manage time and tasks
- Hands on and highly pragmatic
- Commitment, the job will require high dedication at key moments
- Passion for IT security
- The desire to learn and grow with the company
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout your sales territory without restriction and frequently on short notice
- USEFUL SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Java, Objective-C and Swift
- Familiarity with Proguard or Dexguard
- Familiarity with Android Studio
- Familiarity with the XCode build process
- Familiarity with the Android build tools Gradle, Maven, Ant
- Interest in or knowledge of compiler technologies and low-level programming
- Experience with reverse engineering and the commonly used tools
- Knowledge of information security
- Your package will include a market-competitive salary, meal vouchers, insurance, and other benefits.
- You'll be immersed in a friendly international atmosphere with smart colleagues.
You'll live and work at the intersection between sales and engineering. You must be able to articulate technology and product positioning at the executive, business, and technical levels. You'll be the primary technical support for the field sales force and responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
You will also research the latest mobile security and hacking technologies. You’ll be raising awareness internally on the evolution of mobile security and the needs of our customers. If that sounds like your kind of challenge, let us know—hit that apply button!
About GuardSquare in Leuven, Belgium
GuardSquare is the global reference in mobile application protection. We support the growth of the mobile ecosystem by providing advanced security solutions for the protection of mobile applications against reverse engineering.
Our open-source product, ProGuard, is included in the Android SDK and is being used by a community of over one million developers. Its commercial counterpart, DexGuard, has become the standard for the protection of mobile applications across a broad spectrum of industries, from financial services, e-commerce and telecommunication to the public sector, gaming and new media. Building on our security expertise, we are now expanding our product range to cover other popular platforms.
GuardSquare is based in Leuven (Belgium) and San Francisco (USA)