StudyPortals does not offer visa sponsorship
StudyPortals will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Do you believe in a mobile first, responsive approach to web development? Want to join a team that's building the biggest education search platform? Bring transparency to international education as a web developer at StudyPortals in the Netherlands! Read more about StudyPortals
- You have at least three full years of work experience as a web developer.
- You can write valid, semantically correct HTML5 and CSS3.
- You have experience building and optimizing high-traffic websites.
- You can quickly visualize your ideas digitally or on paper.
- You are comfortable with collaboration and open communication.
- You are comfortable speaking in English day to day.
- You're eligible to work in the EU.
- We offer employee referral bonuses; just an extra chance to work with friends (and earn some extra cash!)
- Apply and let's talk about your salary and benefits!
- We offer a +/- 1000 EUR annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- We will reimburse your travel costs.
- We offer an attractive collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurance from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurance!
- You'll get interesting extras, such as a laptop of your choice.
- Our office is in the centre of Eindhoven (Strijp-S), five minutes from the central station.
- We have an informal, entrepreneurial, international and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated.
Our challenge is to build, adapt, and create the biggest education search platform, bringing transparency and reliability to international education. We’re building a platform that is valuable to students and agile to the demands of international education. Our focus is therefore fully student/user-centered. We channel all our energy into knowing what students want, allowing them to be the main architects of our portals.
You'll work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people: two front-end developers, two back-end developers, and one UX designer. Your team will be cooperating with our graphic designers and marketing and sales teams to realize the best implementations possible. Your product owner, your scrum team and the front-end tribe as a whole are always there to help you have a voice within the StudyPortals team.
As a front-end developer, you will explore technologies like Sass, Vue.js, Gulp, Node.js and Service Workers to boost the usability of our student-facing websites and our internal tools every sprint. You will also regularly contribute to our product vision and roadmap; for example during daily team stand-ups or quarterly engineering strategy days.
It’s also vital to measure our effectiveness, so we're currently focusing on our continuous deployment process; adding value to our users with every iteration should be top of mind!
As a person, you're ambitious, energetic, and fun to work with! Eager to contribute to StudyPortals in your day-to-day work, you also want to keep developing yourself and innovating during our bi-weekly hack days.
As a professional, you have an entrepreneurial drive and work as well independently as you do on a team. As an experienced front-end developer, you believe in a mobile first, responsive approach to web development.
Sounds like you? Great! Apply and let's get to know each other! When applying, please remember to add a link to your portfolio.
About StudyPortals in Eindhoven, Netherlands
StudyPortals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
The StudyPortals team now consists of over a hundred and seventy people worldwide from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. StudyPortals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.