Supported by Work in Estonia
This job posting is a part of Work in Estonia campaign. Apply before September 23rd for an all-expenses paid trip to Estonia, where employers compete to hire and relocate you to the most digitally advanced country in the world. Finalists will be announced in early October!
in Tallinn, Estonia
We're looking for passionate .NET developers with international experience. You'll be working on secure, high-performance, server-side solutions in media, aerospace and rail. We're looking for people who are meticulous and open-minded. If you're looking for a new challenge, then we want to hear from you! Read more about Axinom
- Develop server-side applications using primarily C#, .NET Framework or .NET Core.
- Develop cloud applications using Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS.
- Develop relational and document databases.
- Research and apply new technologies of the media industry.
- Manage own work items, source code and documentation using TFS or Git.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure high quality code in the team.
- You have at least 2 years of experience with one of the mainstream object-oriented programming languages, preferably C#.
- You have experience with one or more RDBMS.
- You have an understanding of SOLID.
- You have experience with one or more Document DBs.
- You have experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS.
- You have experience with writing automatic/unit tests.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- You have the ability and will to work in a team and have good communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- Take part in local and international events throughout the year. Every team has their own budget for training and team events. And last, but not least, we have a great motivation package (which includes sports compensation, snacks in the office, Friday lunches and gifts for birthdays, graduation, child birth, etc.)
- We offer plenty of career opportunities for you to grow with the company.
- We offer flexible working conditions, a comfortable working environment in the city centre (either in Tartu or Tallinn) and paid sick days.
- We work with well-known companies and are always working on something new for the industry, so there are definitely exciting challenges for every level of experience.
- At Axinom we are people-friendly and motivating. Every newcomer has a mentor to offer support throughout their trial period to find out how they are doing and how to improve.
Are you passionate about software development? Are your solutions characterized by generality, robustness and reusability? Are you meticulous about testing and documenting your code? Our development teams are organized according to product. We have .NET developers who are mainly working on improving and tailoring our products for our clients:
- CMS, our content management system, which enables our customers to manage all types of digital content and services in the cloud and on-premises.
- DRM, our digital right management system, where our developers tackle challenges of how to support digital rights in cloud, on-premise and offline scenarios.
- CDS, our content delivery system, which allows secure and robust bidirectional content synchronization.
- VIP, where our developers take on the challenge of video ingest and processing.
- BIS, our back-end interface, which serves as an over-the-top media server.
About Axinom in Tallinn, Estonia
Axinom is a software solution provider with more than 15 years of experience and strong technical expertise in digital rights management, content management, synchronization services and delivery solutions for embedded, crew and consumer devices.
130 employees in subsidiaries in Europe (Germany, Estonia) and North America (USA) have a proven track record of delivering successful solutions for IT, retail, telco, railway, aerospace and media customers.
Axinom teams offer consulting, architecture, software development, and operating services, empowering customers to triumph in the growing multi-platform IT environment by quickly launching new services and offering on-demand and live video content to any device.
At Axinom, we build digital platforms for major players in the media and entertainment and the aerospace industry.
In media, we serve well-known broadcasters and telecom companies with global OTT platforms, allowing them to provide huge libraries of on-demand and live TV content to millions of households. Big media corporations like BBC, Sky, ZEE and Starz rely on our products.
In aerospace, we are positioned as a highly trusted software vendor implementing tailored IFEC (In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity) for major players in the industry, and supporting them to drive innovation and grow their business.
Life at Axinom
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.