Software Engineer - Android
Uber offers visa sponsorship
Uber will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in San Francisco, United States
As an Android engineer, you’ll work on the code behind apps used by millions globally every day. In hundreds of cities, people tap their phones to get a ride, get food delivered, or earn extra cash with Uber. Read more about Uber
- At least 5 years experience as a software engineer
- At least 2 years writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Strong expertise in Java
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team.
- Deep understanding of Android SDK
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with open source libraries like Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger 2, Lottie
- Contribute to the wider Android community via open source
Compensation & Benefits
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
We’re looking for a talented engineer to make sure every one of Uber experiences is magical. Join us to work on some of the most exciting challenges in tech, with projects ranging from building a more efficient uberPOOL commuting experience to creating an Uber Eats interface that’s perfect for our driver-partners.
Additionally, Uber has a variety of roles and teams for you depending on where your interests match best:
High-performance systems - Experience with building high performance distributed systems that can scale to 100,000s QPS.
Core Infrastructure - Experience with developing and running large-scale distributed storage systems, service-oriented architectures, and reliable monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, and Zookeeper
Machine Learning - experience with machine learning, information retrieval, algorithmic complexity, data mining, pricing, optimization.
Geospatial - Familiarity with geospatial datasets and services, such as maps, local search, points of interest and business listings data, mobile device location and GPS traces.
About Uber in San Francisco, United States
We believe that by solving some of the biggest problems of our time, we can create a future where there is limitless freedom of movement for people and things all across the world. Just talk to our people — and feel their passion, optimism and curiosity for building solutions every single day on behalf of drivers, riders, couriers, eaters and employees.
While the tough problems we face everyday can be incredibly difficult to figure out, we believe those same problems enable us to personally grow the most. So we welcome people from all backgrounds who have the passion to change the world and also want to help create a supportive and collaborative environment. So that ultimately, we can learn together, solve together, build together, and move the world forward together.
Life at Uber
We’re building something people use everyday. From how you get home from work, to how you eat meals, or how you move huge shipments of absolutely anything, the work we contribute moves the world a few steps forward. And that’s one of the best parts about working here - knowing that the work you do helps shape the future.
And getting to that bright future means solving some of the most difficult problems of the present. It takes a lot of hard work, a lot of love, and support from colleagues all over the world. At Uber, we have brought together a world-class collective of problem solvers. And we all fundamentally understand that tough challenges help us personally grow the most. That’s why we wholeheartedly believe in learning by doing - and that there is no better classroom than real-world experience. Because if it helps you grow, then we all grow. Together.
Every day we’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale—celebrating the communities where we exist, energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. The impact is visible and measurable, and that drives us to keep moving forward.