Deputy Director (IT Infrastructure & Support)
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
SUTD offers visa sponsorship
SUTD will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
Are you a true leader? Do you have both functional and technical expertise? Are you comfortable managing and implementing change? We're looking for a deputy director for IT infrastructure and support to join us at SUTD in Singapore! Read more about SUTD
- Develop strategic and tactical plans in the area of IT Infrastructure and support services.
- Lead and drive teams to deliver implementations and support services that meet user expectations and agreed technical specifications within a stipulated timeline and approved budget.
- Manage, configure and maintain all installed systems and infrastructure to ensure systems availability within the service level.
- Review and improve infrastructure, support services and operations through process improvements and the adoption of new technologies.
- Evaluate and implement technologies to improve the performance, capacity and resilience of the system infrastructure (e.g. compliance and patch management, system monitoring, etc).
- Review and formulate IT policies and procedures to ensure operations are in compliance and run efficiently and effectively.
- Conduct vendor negotiations, contracts with administration, as well as recommend appropriate IT solutions to meet the university’s requirements.
- Prepare budget and handle procurement of hardware and software.
- Handle audit queries, and ensure audit and security compliance are met.
- Provide guidance and supervision to a team of engineers to ensure the highest level of performance from the team.
- You have a master's/bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline, with at least 15 years of relevant experience in IT Infrastructure and systems, of which 8 -10 years are in a managerial capacity.
- You have specialized certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, PMP, CISSP, ITIL, BC/DR, etc.
- You have a good grasp of IT technologies, architectures and best practices such as IT governance.
- You have excellent organizational and project management skills.
- You have experience with project management tools and methodologies.
- You have strong business acumen and analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information quickly and communicate complex requirements clearly.
- You have strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in the education industry is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
Reporting directly to the director of IT, you will be part of the information technology leadership team. You will be responsible for the network infrastructure, servers, storage, data-centre, laptops and workstations, printing service, academic software, IT Service-Desk, IT Care, email system, IT DR, IT support for teaching-learning and other IT/AV related support services.
About SUTD in Singapore
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is Singapore’s fourth public university and one of the first universities in the world to incorporate the art and science of design and technology into a multi-disciplinary curriculum. SUTD was established in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and seeks to advance knowledge and nurture technically-grounded leaders and innovators to serve societal needs.
Also in collaboration with Zhejiang University and Singapore Management University, SUTD, a research-intensive university, is distinguished by its unique East and West academic programmes that incorporate elements of entrepreneurship, management, and design thinking. Graduate opportunities include the SUTD Technology Entrepreneurship programme, the Master of Science in Security by Design, and various SUTD PhD programmes.
Life at SUTD
Moving to Singapore
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can get your employment pass as soon as within 7 days of arrival to Singapore, or a maximum of 31 days. If you require a visa to enter Singapore, allow for an added time of approximately 2 weeks for visa processing.