in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Your UX skills could help shape the future of the StudyPortals platform. Join the team in Eindhoven and make the world a bit better by working on a product that helps people follow the right education path for them! Read more about StudyPortals
- You have 3+ years of experience in a relevant position.
- You have a proven track record in digital design and a portfolio that supports it.
- You can effectively communicate your design ideas (with wireframes, flowcharts, and prototypes).
- You are able to pick the relevant research methodology and conduct the user study.
- You should have a basic understanding of web development to be able to understand needs of developers.
- You're able to bring the concept towards the minimum livable product.
- You have experience with agile/scrum.
- You're fluent in English and an excellent communicator.
- We offer employee referral bonuses and an annual personal development budget, because personal growth is key!
- You will get a competitive salary, including an excellent bonus scheme.
- We offer an attractive collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurance from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurance.
- We have a great company environment that is serious about having fun with almost everything we do, including frequent memorable team events, table tennis, a self-built office bar and more!
- This is an opportunity to make our world a little better, and be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the global market is desperately waiting for.
- We're located in the vibrant Strijp-S area in Eindhoven—an exciting hub of entrepreneurship, technology and design, just 10 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes from the airport.
- We have an informal, entrepreneurial, and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated.
To support our global expansion, we are significantly expanding our engineering team. The current team consists of designers and engineers split over five scrum teams and three supporting teams (DevOps, data engineering, and quality assurance). Towards the end of 2017, our aim is to grow to seven scrum teams.
As a UX designer on our team, you will play an important role in defining the future of the StudyPortals platform. Your future scrum team is focused on the student onboarding experience and helping millions of students to find their dream education. As part of the onboarding experience, we deal with a lot of user data and we expect you to become the conscientiousness of the product in regard to users’ privacy.
Together with our UX design team, you will collaborate on the common design workflow, customer journey, user research and StudyPortals design system.
We are looking for a person with at least a bachelor’s or master’s degree, typically in interaction design, communication and multimedia design, or another related discipline.
You will work closely with UX designers, developers, stakeholders, and product owners. Your work will have a significant impact on the long-term StudyPortals story, so we'll trust you to aim for the highest quality solutions imaginable. If that sounds like your kind of challenge, send your application our way, and make sure your cover letter tells us what motivates you and why you'd be a good fit for StudyPortals!
About StudyPortals in Eindhoven, Netherlands
StudyPortals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
The StudyPortals team now consists of over a hundred and seventy people worldwide from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. StudyPortals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.