in Berlin, Germany
As a back-end developer at Zalando, your opportunities for individual impact will be endless. Join them in the infinitely cool city of Berlin to build a platform that connects all parts of the massive fashion ecosystem! Read more about Zalando
- You will join one of our 120+ teams to build, scale and continuously improve a variety of products that create value for our platform.
- Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- You and your team will work like a startup and take ownership of the whole development cycle from architecture design to testing to implementation and maintenance.
- You will join a team dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code and implementation. You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture, and web services.
- Skilled in working with Java, Scala, Python or Go and relational as well as NoSQL databases
- Courageous in taking ownership and being accountable for the results of your decisions
- Motivated to have a positive impact on our engineering culture and encourage knowledge sharing
- Ambitious in delivering products that redefine the customer experience and making bold decisions about the means and tools of delivery and operation
- Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
- Unparalleled levels of data and opportunities.
- Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
- Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, parties and events.
- Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at data science conferences and meetups, and encouragement to publish work.
Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics to big brands to manufactures—we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
We live Radical Agility. With the set of principles that we give our teams—autonomy, mastery, purpose—we entrust them to shape the future of Zalando. You will be the one changing the world’s opinion of tech and fashion in Europe.
What makes your individual impact at Zalando limitless is the possibility to tackle and create new opportunities. At Zalando, it is not only about growth and improvement—it is about inventing new things. We strongly believe that providing useful code to the world is a virtue. We strive to learn from and contribute to open source software for the betterment of Zalando and the tech community.
Please note that this role requires you to join us in Berlin. We welcome applicants from all over the world and will provide visa sponsorship for the right candidate!
About Zalando in Berlin, Germany
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, with about 19 million active customers in 15 countries. Our tech department has built most of our platform in-house, using open source and cutting-edge technologies such as Scala, Cassandra, Clojure, and React.js. We work in small, agile, autonomous teams and follow principles that enable us to produce the most delightful shopping experiences possible.
What does it take to become “a Zalando”? Above all, it requires passion: to experiment, learn, fail, and repeat the process, so that we get stronger and better every day. Zalando Tech includes men and women from more than 50 different nations and representing a seemingly endless number of interests, hobbies, programming language preferences, personality types and other characteristics. What unites us is the energy and enthusiasm we share in tackling our common purpose: to deliver award-winning, best-in-class shopping experiences to our 19 million active customers.
Moving to Germany
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Germany within 14-60 working days. If you need a visa to enter Germany, the visa processing time will be added to that.