in Penang, Malaysia
Do you enjoy working with challenging problems and an experienced team? Join Piktochart in Malaysia as a UX designer and help define what visual storytelling means! Read more about Piktochart
- You'll conceptualize, design and assist with implementing highly engaging and intuitive UI and user experience UX solutions.
- You'll create effective user flow and wireframes that solve problems faced by our users, and propose changes or new ideas to designers and developers.
- You'll conduct usability tests to observe behavior towards the product.
- You'll act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective and design thinking methodology.
- You'll work closely with data scientists, UI/UX and project teams to offer insightful guidelines focused on user experience when building new features.
- You'll interview Piktochart users to identify qualitative key aspects that create great user experience for users. You will talk to users via phone/Skype/face-to-face.
- You have at least 2 years professional experience as a UX designer; UI designer experience is an additional plus.
- You have the ability to translate user findings into design suggestions and articulate the values well.
- You can iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- You have a solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- You have strong design thinking and problem-solving skills that do not compromise the user experience.
- You are proficient with conducting user interviews and utilizing usability testing platform, wireframe and prototyping tools such as balsamiq and invision.
- You can clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams.
- You're passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. You research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- You're data-driven and make decisions based on methods of “Test, Build, Measure” and repeat.
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits!
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a portfolio of apps and sites that you have enjoyed working with, and an understanding of the visual design space (through the eyes of a non-designer).
Piktochart is all about creating visual stories and making information beautiful. We help users create engaging infographics from their data/information. This means that a design-challenged person is now empowered to create beautiful and effective designs without having to learn to use Photoshop/Illustrator.
You will be joining a team of over 50+ members, spread out across the world but mainly based in Penang, Malaysia—a beautiful, laid-back tropical island destination with abundant nature and plenty of activities for outdoor enthusiasts as well as young families!