in Penang, Malaysia
Do you enjoy working with challenging problems and an experienced team? Join Piktochart in Malaysia as a UX designer and help define what visual storytelling means! Read more about Piktochart
- You'll conceptualize, design and assist with implementing highly engaging and intuitive UI and user experience UX solutions.
- You'll create effective user flow and wireframes that solve problems faced by our users, and propose changes or new ideas to designers and developers.
- You'll conduct usability tests to observe behavior towards the product.
- You'll act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective and design thinking methodology.
- You'll work closely with data scientists, UI/UX and project teams to offer insightful guidelines focused on user experience when building new features.
- You'll interview Piktochart users to identify qualitative key aspects that create great user experience for users. You will talk to users via phone/Skype/face-to-face.
- You have at least 2 years professional experience as a UX designer; UI designer experience is an additional plus.
- You have the ability to translate user findings into design suggestions and articulate the values well.
- You can iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- You have a solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- You have strong design thinking and problem-solving skills that do not compromise the user experience.
- You are proficient with conducting user interviews and utilizing usability testing platform, wireframe and prototyping tools such as balsamiq and invision.
- You can clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams.
- You're passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. You research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- You're data-driven and make decisions based on methods of “Test, Build, Measure” and repeat.
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits!
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a portfolio of apps and sites that you have enjoyed working with, and an understanding of the visual design space (through the eyes of a non-designer).
About Piktochart in Malaysia
The close-knit team behind Piktochart brings you a web application that empowers people who cannot design to create visual content. Some of our users include educators from Harvard, product managers at Google, Starwood Hotels, PWC and many non-profit organizations, freelancers and entrepreneurs. They use Piktochart based on our ability to help them design a compelling story. Piktochart started out with our faith and family as our foundation. We love what we do and our users, and constantly try to get better at our craft!
Life at Piktochart
Our 15,000 sq ft office is equipped with a fully stocked pantry, 6 brainjuice rooms, foosball table, electronic dart and much more. We're a small company, but we provide great benefits: health insurance, a Macbook Air/Pro, lots of fun activities like laser tag, catered meals, annual retreats at exotic places (Seoul, Melbourne & Maldives), etc.
Moving to Malaysia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Malaysia within approximately 4 weeks after submitting your application. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia, the visa processing time will be added to that.