Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Mindvalley offers visa sponsorship
Mindvalley will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As the security specialist for our tech team, you will spearhead security strategy - work across teams and departments to ensure our infrastructure is ready to support Mindvalley's ambition of impacting a billion lives. Read more about Mindvalley
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Be involved in change, release and incident management.
- Design and implement the architecture of the next generation of automated infrastructure.
- Identify and resolve problems relating to critical service operations and to prevent their recurrence.
- Help improve reliability, stability and tackle scalability challenges with engineering teams.
- Build and maintain tooling to log, monitor and audit infrastructure.
- Periodically embed with product teams to help with security sensitive projects.
- Do regular penetration testing of web applications.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience working with engineering teams as a security specialist.
- You are a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- You have expert knowledge of Unix based operating systems.
- You possesses analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions.
- You have experience in one or more of the following: Perl, Python, Ruby, Rust or Go.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across the organization.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's talk about your salary.
- Work in an office that was voted one of the top ten "Coolest Offices in the World" in an Inc Magazine audience poll, and a 6 time winner of the "World's Most Democratic Workplace Award."
- Flexible working hours, which fit into your life as you want them to.
- You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere, which you can apply to your own projects.
Due to the unique environment that Mindvalley has in terms of having its own ecosystem of applications that support the business, working with us in a technical role is a great challenge.
We generally look for attitude over aptitude when it comes to technical skills, a history of proven execution and excellent root cause analysis problem-solving skills are things that we value highly.
We predominantly build apps with a Nginx, Unicorn, Ruby, Redis and PostgreSQL architecture on Linode so experience with any of these will be valuable to us.
The technical ecosystem is both interesting and broad covering systems that deal with:
Payment processing (both check-out and back-end)
Media streaming (live and repeated)
Serving websites to large audiences (high concurrency)
In-house customer service tools
Shipping and logistics
E-mail handling (sign-ups, cohort analysis etc)
Authentication, identification and user data collection/analysis
In-house Textile based CMS for a large number of sites
Any technical role will provide a good mix of development work, systems thinking, problem-solving, business analysis with a large dose of teamwork.
We run functional teams based on the SCRUM methodology and are a fairly Agile environment, with 2-week sprints and teams with a minimum of 2 developers (preferably 3) plus a platform owner. Sprints cannot be interrupted and work is planned out well in advance to keep stress down to a minimum. We have also been experimenting with LeSS recently (Large Scale Scrum).
We have a focus on scalability, stability and code quality and we use tools such as Circle-CI and Code Climate to help with that.
Mindvalley is a global brand and company that invests in, creates and builds businesses that align with its goal to push humanity forward. Mindvalley grew from its roots as a digital publishing company, to build a series of successful businesses in a wide variety of sectors ranging from mobile apps, marketing, technology, personal growth and entrepreneurship, to health and wellness. It’s been a fun, crazy ride so far.
Across our companies, we employ over 200 employees from over 40 nationalities, working in our award-winning space, Mindvalley HQ. We’re global, and we sure love diversity. If you join us, we will sponsor your visa/work permit.
We stand for ideas, companies, and products that allow human beings to live healthier, happier lives. From creating and investing in startups and education models that inspire and foster progress and innovation, to creating work cultures that cultivate creativity and freedom—we are ambitiously, ridiculously, and irreverently determined to unleash the full potential of humanity and move the planet forward.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Moving to Malaysia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Malaysia within approximately 4 weeks after submitting your application. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia, the visa processing time will be added to that.