Senior Front-End Engineer
LoveToKnow Media does not offer visa sponsorship
You must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
in Barcelona, Spain
Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. If you are looking to help establish modern development practices and to provide front-end development guidance to other teams, then we want to speak with you. Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant, yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. Read more about LoveToKnow Media
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Implement page layouts, features, and changes according to mockups created by our graphic design team and/or written requirements.
- Guide the transition of the site's front-end infrastructure to a more modern approach, to layout implementation and client-side scripting.
- Mentor other developers working both on this site and other projects, who are utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, graphic design, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
- You have knowledge of Vue.JS.
- You are proficient in mobile-first and responsive design practices, as well as being able to adapt a given design to a variety content situations and viewport sizes.
- You have experience in problem-solving and debugging client-side code on a wide variety of platforms.
- You have a deep understanding of how web browsers process and render web pages.
- You are constantly learning new technologies.
- You have knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, including: object-oriented analysis, design, and programming; software design patterns; data structures; and algorithms.
- You have at least 5 years' experience working in front-end development.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You have excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- You must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
- Experience doing some server-side programming in conjunction with front-end development work is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- We have a flat organizational structure and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager's supervision.
- Your work will have high impact and high visibility.
- LoveToKnow operates several of our own websites. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- LoveToKnow brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow gives you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
- Recognition and rewards for excellent work.
- You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest growing brand names on the net.
- Room to self-organize your time.
About LoveToKnow Media
LoveToKnow Corp's family of websites comprises one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Reaching 30 million (unique) visitors each month, across 100 million page views, LoveToKnow Corp is a company with headquarters in Silicon Valley, CA.
LoveToKnow.com is the #2 destination for women online, providing not only the information people "love to know," but also what they need to know. Expert writers and editors have developed more than 100 channels on everything from cooking and parenting, to health, pets, and everything in between. With a Comscore index of 275, LoveToKnow.com will launch a Spanish language version of the site and Barcelona presence in summer 2017.
YourDictionary.com is a best-in-class grammar and education reference site for students, teachers, parents and homeschoolers. In addition to easy-to-understand word definitions, grammar tips, and pronunciation help, it includes sentence examples, famous quotes and help for acing your favorite word games!
Trails.com is a leading site for outdoor enthusiasts, providing thousands of trail guides, topographic maps, and tips for maximum enjoyment of outdoor sports and activities. Get guides and information on hiking, mountain biking, mountaineering, trail running, snow sports and water sports.
GolfLink.com is the most inclusive online golf community with over 100,000 members. GolfLink is the ultimate golf destination with tons of valuable information golfers of all abilities will enjoy and appreciate, offering access to over 20,000 golf courses, including yardage maps, unique flyovers and exclusive deals and discounts, and expert tips and videos.