Cloud Infrastructure Architect
GovTech offers visa sponsorship
GovTech will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
We're looking for someone with a strong cloud background and who is passionate about technology. At GovTech, you'll have plenty of opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts. Join us in Singapore! Read more about GovTech
- Serve as the deep Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the development of cloud solutions, which includes multi/hybrid cloud design and implementation.
- Perform infrastructure modernization/automation and service delivery enhancements to increase service quality and lower costs.
- Constantly explore new solutions and technologies, integrate learning and recommendations into the development process.
- Perform analysis and testing functions in the evaluation of technology solutions; to ensure shortlisted products meet requirements.
- Specialize in the best practice design, operations, and support of enterprise systems such as Network, Storage or Cloud Architecture.
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical/computer engineering, information technology or a related discipline.
- You have at least 8 years’ experience in designing/implementing/consulting of large-scale enterprise applications and solutions.
- You have attained professional certifications in at least 2 of the following areas with at least 5 years implementation experience in each of them: AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/VMware; OpenStack/OpenShift/Kubernetes; Terraform/Docker/Jenkins.
- You have hands-on experience and good technical skills with proven track records in Core IT infrastructure and/or emerging IT technologies engineering in the following areas: platform, storage, database and virtualization; cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS) including hybrid cloud and containers technologies.
- You have good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and are able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience with DevOps techniques and Agile practices is a plus.
- PhD Degree
- Want to develop big systems, has great ideas
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
GovTech is responsible for providing the ICT infrastructure the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centres, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
As a cloud infrastructure architect, you will be tasked to lead, architect and develop cloud and infrastructure solutions which will enable the government to leverage on the commercial cloud for the development and deployment of digital services.
About GovTech in Singapore
Singapore is embarking on a journey to become a Smart Nation, with the aim of harnessing technology and data to improve the lives of citizens. This programme aims to appoint top engineering and technology professionals to undertake a short stint of three to six months with Singapore government’s technology agency to co-create digital or engineering solutions for public good.
Life at GovTech
At GovTech, we use technology to improve the lives of everyday Singaporeans. We need a special group of people who share the same passion, ambition and courage to help us do it. Individuals who value diverse views and ideas, and actively solve problems through creating new and innovative solutions.
Join a workplace that empowers you to learn, grow and excel professionally in an agile, bold and collaborative environment. You will gain invaluable experience, and adopt a multi-disciplinary approach developing innovative solutions for citizens and businesses.
Moving to Singapore
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can get your employment pass as soon as within 7 days of arrival to Singapore, or a maximum of 31 days. If you require a visa to enter Singapore, allow for an added time of approximately 2 weeks for visa processing.