Digital Advertising Sales Manager
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
ResearchGate offers visa sponsorship
ResearchGate will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Berlin, Germany
We're looking for a passionate and people-oriented digital advertising sales manager to join our team in Berlin. You'll act as a main point of contact for clients and focus on delivering outstanding service on existing accounts, while identifying opportunities to grow accounts by up-selling, reselling and cross-selling new and existing products. Read more about ResearchGate
- Deliver value to clients by anticipating their needs, thoroughly understanding their short and long-term objectives, and delivering ResearchGate offerings that help meet them.
- Achieve and exceed individual and team targets through up-selling, reselling and cross-selling of RG products .
- Act as the key interface between clients and all relevant internal stakeholders to set campaign parameters and ensure deadlines and objectives are met, including the management and reporting of pertinent data.
- Negotiate contracts, including scope of work and timelines .
- Manage all forms of client communication at all stages of the account lifecycle.
- Proactively manage campaigns and the customer relationship to exceed expectations, meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines, including reporting .
- Collaborate across teams to facilitate best possible campaign outcomes and ensure that all client needs are met.
- Build trust with clients, expand relationships, and generate new business .
- Strategic planning to improve results and predict account growth .
- Consistent and comprehensive documentation of all core client interactions and resulting deliverables.
- Continuously harvest and update customer intelligence to predict and drive revenue growth including account mapping, activity planning, forecasting, and reporting .
- Report on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives for all internal stakeholders.
- You have at least 3 years of sales and/or account management experience in media sales, ideally B2B.
- You have demonstrated strategic selling and negotiation skills with a track record of exceeding revenue goals, with ability to effectively forecast revenue .
- You have demonstrated passion for actioning these insights to shape strategy and drive value for clients.
- You have expertise in analyzing client data and sales statistics and making data-driven recommendations .
- You are goal-oriented, organized, and a proactive team player who is self-motivated and self-directed.
- You are customer-orientated, handling common as well as advertising-specific customer issues, with an ability to think innovatively whilst working to tight timelines.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building relationships with stakeholders of all organizational levels, internally and externally .
- You have experience working with CRM software, particularly Salesforce.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English. German is NOT a requirement, but an additional language would be a plus.
- You are an active listener and a confident presenter.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- Healthy snacks and drinks, in-house yoga, ping pong and relaxation rooms.
- Team activities such as BBQs, sports and cultural events.
- Work with an energetic, international, and professional team who are passionate about changing the scientific industry for the better.
- An office located in the heart of Berlin-Mitte.
About ResearchGate in Berlin, Germany
ResearchGate was founded in 2008 by the physicians Dr. Ijad Madisch and Dr. Sören Hofmayer, along with computer specialist Horst Fickenscher. Ten years later, fifteen million researchers and scientists connect on ResearchGate, and make research open to all. We have completed four rounds of financing, and investors include Benchmark Capital, Founders Fund, Bill Gates, Tenaya Capital, Goldman Sachs, Wellcome Trust and Four Rivers Group.
ResearchGate connects the world of science through the platform and the advertising solutions offered to universities, research institutions, individual scientists, and life sciences companies serving our network. We catalyse scientific discovery by connecting life sciences vendors directly with the scientists who need their products and services to progress their research and also connect scientists and researchers with the universities, scholarly institutions, and companies where they can put their expertise to best use.
Life at ResearchGate
Embrace pragmatic optimism - We believe that science can and must be changed. We
leverage this optimism to find pragmatic solutions that bring us closer to our goal.
Build trust - To build a product that scientists trust we first have to trust the people we work with. We share knowledge, communicate openly, take ownership, and trust in each other’s skills.
Don’t settle - To change science, we have to keep challenging the status quo. We keep an open mind, stay curious, and never stop finding new ways to improve the product, ourselves, and the company.
Impact over hype - Science isn’t going to change overnight, so we’re in it for the long run. We are committed to tackling the big problems, so we can build a successful company with a lasting and positive effect on the world.
What we offer:
• An energetic and international sales team who are passionate about disrupting the scientific industry for the better.
• A dynamic company culture and the possibility to individually shape your own professional development and growth.
• Free daily lunches catering to a range of dietary requirements.
• Team activities such as BBQs, sports and cultural events.
• An office located in the heart of Berlin-Mitte.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all. Come join us and make an immediate impact!
Moving to Germany
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Germany within 3-12 weeks. If you need a visa to enter Germany, the visa processing time will be added to that.