Site Reliability Engineer
in Berlin, Germany
Have you been looking for an opportunity to have an impact on something big? Show Zalando's engineering team that they can rely on you to keep an eye on the availability, reliability, and efficiency of their services. Your next life-changing challenge is waiting in Berlin! Read more about Zalando
- Innovate and implement solutions to maintain availability, reliability, and efficiency of the services offered by Zalando tech
- Communicate effectively with our engineering teams
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
- Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to testing and deployment
- A degree in mathematics or computer science
- Professional experience in at least one programming language, preferably in Python
- Experience with building or running large-scale applications
- Enthusiasm for microservices architecture and distributed systems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to technical problems
- Fluent English
- Added advantages: experience with a PaaS/SaaS cloud and knowledge or experience in AWS
- Preferred: knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- Preferred: passion for Open Source and contributing to the community
- A competitive salary, Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount, and relocation assistance for international hires
- One-month mentoring program; personal branding support from preparing tech talks and blog posts to networking with industry leaders
- Community: hack weeks, movie nights, coder dojos, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
The site reliability engineering team at Zalando Lounge assures that the Zalando Lounge is available, reliable and efficient. As a SRE, you will work on solutions that help maintain Zalando Lounge’s platform in pinnacle form. Whether junior or senior level, we expect you to challenge our status quo and improve how we work. You will launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build the internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand—while receiving meaningful support at every step.
Please note that this position requires you to join us in Berlin. We welcome applicants from all over the world and will sponsor the necessary visas and permits for the right candidate.
About Zalando in Berlin, Germany
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, with about 19 million active customers in 15 countries. Our tech department has built most of our platform in-house, using open source and cutting-edge technologies such as Scala, Cassandra, Clojure, and React.js. We work in small, agile, autonomous teams and follow principles that enable us to produce the most delightful shopping experiences possible.
What does it take to become “a Zalando”? Above all, it requires passion: to experiment, learn, fail, and repeat the process, so that we get stronger and better every day. Zalando Tech includes men and women from more than 50 different nations and representing a seemingly endless number of interests, hobbies, programming language preferences, personality types and other characteristics. What unites us is the energy and enthusiasm we share in tackling our common purpose: to deliver award-winning, best-in-class shopping experiences to our 19 million active customers.
Moving to Germany
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Germany within 14-60 working days. If you need a visa to enter Germany, the visa processing time will be added to that.