Rent To Own
in Lusaka, Zambia
As a credit expert at RTO in Zambia, you'll be making a real difference. How often does an opportunity like this come along? Enrich your own life while improving the lives of others—and get to know a truly gorgeous corner of the Earth along the way! Read more about Rent To Own
- Perform industry research on tools and methods for improving credit assessment of thin-file customers
- Continuously build insights into industry best practices in smallholder credit assessment
- Map out and improve our credit scoring model
- Work on data parsing, analyzing, investigating, interpreting, modeling, and extracting knowledge from large volumes of data
- Create dashboards and visualizations of processed data, identify trends, anomalies
- Draw inferences and conclusions, communicate results through reports, charts, or tables
- Design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, economics, applied statistics, mathematics or a related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Degree in accounting or related finance/business degree a plus
- Minimum 3 years of relevant credit management or other relevant financial experience with specific focus on credit analysis
- Solid analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented approach and the ability to handle time pressure
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership capabilities for team projects
- Exposure to emerging markets and startup environment a plus
- Remuneration will be commensurate with your experience. We're an early-stage impact-driven business, which means your compensation will be comfortable but not extravagant.
- We'll cover the cost of one round-trip home.
- You'll be living in a corner of southern Africa with a high quality of life: weekends bring the possibility of African adventures, camping, safaris and quick flights to destinations including Zanzibar, Cape Town, Kigali, Nairobi and more.
- To help you integrate into a new environment, we will organize a village stay for you, where you’ll get to know our clients and field staff, and see rural Zambia from a local’s perspective.
- You'll get two weeks of vacation.
If you'd like to make a lasting impact on the livelihoods of people and work closely with a highly diverse and energetic team to shape the future of an exciting startup, this role is for you.
We are looking for an exceptional and driven individual who can take the lead in streamlining our credit scoring model.
This is a great opportunity to work with the founder and CEO of a fast-growing social enterprise. You'll be based in Lusaka and get a chance to travel to the field to do work with an immediate and visible impact on both the success of our business and on our clients' lives.
We'll start with a 6-month contract, with the possibility of extending it further. The sooner you apply, the sooner you can join us!
About Rent To Own
in ZambiaVisit Rent To Own′s website
In rural Africa, lack of access to the right equipment and financial services is holding back millions of small entrepreneurs from growing their businesses.
To unlock their potential and improve the livelihoods of their families and communities, RTO has developed a proven, efficient and scalable asset-financing model for farmers and small business owners in rural Africa. We offer clients a one-stop solution including high-quality assets, distribution, training, and financing. Combining these services creates a profitable model that enables low-income rural individuals to obtain credit for high-impact assets, and positioning us as a first mover in a blue ocean market.
Our impact is real, and highly visible. Over 70% of our clients earn less than $2.50 per day. You will be in the unique position to shape the future of our business being able to witness RTO’s unique combination of rapid growth and high impact while improving livelihoods, economies and the greater productive and financial landscapes across rural Africa.
RTO has a growing staff of 40 people and over $2.5M in assets disbursed since 2013. And we are only getting started. We are on track to scale our model across Zambia and launch operations in multiple other African countries in order to achieve our goal of serving 1,000,000+ clients by 2025.