StudyPortals does not offer visa sponsorship
StudyPortals will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
in Eindhoven, Netherlands
To support StudyPortals‘ global expansion, we are significantly expanding our development team. The team currently consists of front- and back-end developers, as well as UX designers, split over four scrum teams. Read more about StudyPortals
- At least a bachelor’s degree, typically in computer science or a related field.
- Apart from a proven track-record in creating advanced PHP5 applications, you have some background in stricter, object-oriented, languages such as C# or Java.
- You know your way around a MySQL database and its InnoDB storage-engine.
- The ability to write valid, semantically correct, HTML5 and CSS3.
- You understand what it takes to build scalable web applications and realise this means your skills should not be limited to writing good code.
- You are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders, as part of your day-to-day work.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written, and excellent communication skills.
- Ambition, energetic and an entrepreneurial drive, you can work well independently, but definitely also in a team and you are fun to work with.
- A +/- 1000 EUR annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- Interesting extras, such as a laptop of your choice.
- Apply and let's talk about your salary and bonuses.
- Employee referral bonuses; just an extra chance to work with friends (and earn some extra cash!)
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs.
- An attractive collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurances from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances!
- The opportunity to revolutionize the worldwide study-choice market.
- Informal, entrepreneurial, international and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated.
- Our office is in the centre of Eindhoven (Strijp-S), five minutes from the central station.
The technology powering StudyPortals’ platform is based on object-oriented PHP5; virtually all of our systems have been developed in-house. We are currently transitioning into a service-oriented architecture, powered by our own RESTful API. In parallel, we are scaling our infrastructure out into AWS in order to get maximum benefit out of the large variety of infrastructure-as-a-service approaches currently offered.
As Back-End Developer you will play an important role in further developing and rolling out our RESTful API, which will be at the base of all our current and future products. Your responsibilities range from working on the core of our systems, all the way up to producing proof-of-concept web applications. The Front-End Developers will help you to turn your proof-of-concept applications into true “online experiences”. In one sentence, your main purpose is to design and implement functional web interfaces and the full structure behind it.
You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people, taking input from our graphic designers, UX designers and our student- and university value teams in order to realize the best implementations possible. In order to measure our effectiveness, we are currently focusing very hard on our continuous deployment process.
About StudyPortals in Eindhoven, Netherlands
StudyPortals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
The StudyPortals team now consists of over a hundred and seventy people worldwide from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. StudyPortals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.