Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
in Tallinn, Estonia
You value clean code that is well-written with testability in mind. Ideally, every application and API you produce should be lightweight and discrete, meeting a particular end-user concern. Read more about Topia
- You will continually ship high-quality software products and help us deliver a technically challenging roadmap, working closely with customer-facing, product, and engineering teams.
- You have a strong foundation in core Java and are well-versed with building API-centric applications running in web containers e.g. Tomcat or Jetty using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- You know enough *nix commands to work your way around Linux/Unix terminals.
- You can also write conventional SQL queries and have an understanding of good database design.
- You also don’t mind doing a mix of front-end and back-end development.
- Curiosity and experience with tech stacks outside the Enterprise Java world are a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Your relocation package will include flights, temporary accommodation, and help with transporting your belongings.
You are a lifelong learner with a curious mind in figuring out how things work, and also with a drive for getting things done. You like to provide strong input into the way the code, product and culture are built across the team; driving forward the vision and exceeding our users' expectations.
You will have the opportunity to work with our stack, which currently includes the following technologies:
• Java with Spring Boot, Go and Python
• API driven architecture
• MQ technology for asynchronous message delivery between services
• React, Angular, Typescript, JSP for front end
• JUnit, Cucumber, Spock (Groovy) for testing
• Selenium for regression testing
• Looker via Redshift
• Git and Bitbucket
• Docker and Kubernetes
• Maven/Gradle, npm and webpack for builds, pre-processing and transpiling
Topia (formerly MOVE Guides, Polaris Global Mobility and Teleport), the global mobility management company, reduces barriers between people and places to enable employees to work from anywhere through its integrated suite of mobility solutions and services.
Over 100 global companies rely on Topia’s technology and service platform for relocation and expatriate management, tax and payroll, and immigration data across more than 100 countries with maximum operational efficiency, employee satisfaction and engagement, and assured compliance. Topia’s philanthropic initiative, Mobility4All, provides a portion of revenue and employee time to assist individuals fleeing poverty and conflict by moving to new locations.
Founded in 2012, Topia has raised over $90M from New Enterprise Associates and Notion Capital and operates headquarters in San Francisco, with 17 offices throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Our R&D teams are located in Tallinn and Seattle. For more information, go to topia.com and follow Topia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Life at Topia
Our Topia team is inspired by our common belief in our mission: to enable companies to work everywhere. We believe that our diversity of experiences, perspectives, and ideas is our strongest superpower.
Working at our stage of company is unique and formative. You make decisions with limited data and you prioritize ruthlessly to align with our dynamic business. You have exhilarating highs and challenging lows, and you learn throughout the entire experience alongside a team that is extremely hard-working, creative and inspiring. We apply innovative thinking and solutions to our radically collaborative work environment which enables a culture in which our shared success is fuelled by truly caring about each other as Topians.
We are an agile team working in fortnightly sprint release cycles. The engineering team is divided into product verticals. You will be aligned to one of the teams but will gain exposure to all of the products.
We have a very open environment and all ideas and feedback are welcome. We have plenty of opportunities for this via project kick-off and round table sessions, regular reviews, retrospectives, tech discussions and debates.
One of our values is Learn Relentlessly. To help accelerate learning, we frequently hold drop-in sessions, lunch and learns and occasionally you may be working on proof of concepts to bring in new ideas or technologies.
We have a relaxed office vibe, Friday beers, no suits, and geeky t-shirts are welcome.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.