Back-End Software Engineer
Uber offers visa sponsorship
Uber will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Aarhus, Denmark
Uber's core infrastructure team is seeking experienced software engineers to help create the future of urban transportation. Sound interesting? Read on! Read more about Uber
- Be part of the Core Infrastructure team working the software that makes Uber's global data-centres highly reliable and scalable.
- Build systems for consumption by all the other engineering teams at Uber, setting best practices and helping other teams architect better solutions.
- Re-thinking and re-architecting systems which handle millions of jobs.
- Work with next-generation technology to build the foundations that will propel us into the next 100 growth levels.
- You have excellent coding abilities.
- You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Python, Go and Java.
- You have the ability to learn on the go.
- We're looking for software engineers who quickly pick up new technologies or new APIs.
- You keep yourself up-to-date with the latest technological trends.
- You're constantly on the lookout for opportunities to try out new things.
- You understand computers and what happens when a lot of them get together in a room.
- We're developing cross-datacenter, multi-master systems - we need engineers who think about monitoring, fault-tolerance, durability, and scalability.
- You have experience with code optimization, run-time analysis and systems architecture - we measure and analyze pretty much everything.
- You have knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture.
- You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship.
- You'd never call code "released" until you're satisfied it's correct.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, thorough documentation, and proper test coverage.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
We are responsible for the infrastructure software that makes Uber's data-centers around the world highly reliable and scalable. We've built the foundation of a highly cohesive, loosely coupled service-oriented architecture that is going to propel us into the next 100 growth levels - which will come pretty soon, considering that we're doubling in size every six months.
We are partitioning data processing pipelines across multiple hot datacenters and rethinking queueing systems that now handle hundreds of millions of jobs. Peak load is still a bit stressful for us, but we're hard at work developing the next generation platform that will scale with grace and can be operated with ease.
The core infrastructure team is building systems for consumption by all the other engineering teams at Uber. We're setting best practices and helping other teams architect better solutions, and we're not afraid to get into the nitty-gritty.
About Uber in San Francisco, United States
We believe that by solving some of the biggest problems of our time, we can create a future where there is limitless freedom of movement for people and things all across the world. Just talk to our people — and feel their passion, optimism and curiosity for building solutions every single day on behalf of drivers, riders, couriers, eaters and employees.
While the tough problems we face everyday can be incredibly difficult to figure out, we believe those same problems enable us to personally grow the most. So we welcome people from all backgrounds who have the passion to change the world and also want to help create a supportive and collaborative environment. So that ultimately, we can learn together, solve together, build together, and move the world forward together.
Life at Uber
We’re building something people use everyday. From how you get home from work, to how you eat meals, or how you move huge shipments of absolutely anything, the work we contribute moves the world a few steps forward. And that’s one of the best parts about working here - knowing that the work you do helps shape the future.
And getting to that bright future means solving some of the most difficult problems of the present. It takes a lot of hard work, a lot of love, and support from colleagues all over the world. At Uber, we have brought together a world-class collective of problem solvers. And we all fundamentally understand that tough challenges help us personally grow the most. That’s why we wholeheartedly believe in learning by doing - and that there is no better classroom than real-world experience. Because if it helps you grow, then we all grow. Together.
Every day we’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale—celebrating the communities where we exist, energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. The impact is visible and measurable, and that drives us to keep moving forward.