Medior Front-End Developer
StudyPortals does not offer visa sponsorship
StudyPortals will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
in Eindhoven, Netherlands
- At least a bachelor’s degree, typically one combining aspects from computer science and interaction design, and at least three full years of work experience as web developer.
- The ability to write valid, semantically correct, HTML5 and CSS3.
- You can not only contribute to our vision and roadmap, but you also have experience in building and optimizing high-traffic websites.
- The ability to quickly visualize your ideas by using either graphical tools (such as Photoshop or Illustrator) or pen and paper prototypes.
- You believe in a mobile first, responsive approach to web development.
- Technologies like Sass, Vue.js (or other component based systems), Gulp and Node.js have already spiked your interest and, if you’re not using all of them already, you can’t wait to start using them.
- You are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as part of your day-to-day work.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, and excellent communication skills.
- Ambition, energetic and an entrepreneurial drive, you can work well independently, but definitely also in a team and you are fun to work with.
- Interesting extras such as a laptop of your choice.
- A +/- 1000 EUR annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- Employee referral bonuses; just an extra chance to work with friends (and earn some extra cash!)
- Apply and let's talk about your salary and benefits.
- Travel cost reimbursement.
- An attractive collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurances from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances!
- Our office is in the centre of Eindhoven (Strijp-S), five minutes from the central station.
- Informal, entrepreneurial, international and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated.
To support StudyPortals‘ global expansion we are significantly expanding our engineering team. The team currently consists of front- and back-end engineers, dev-ops, as well UX designers, split over multiple scrum teams.
You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people, cooperating with our graphic designers, UX designers and our marketing- and university value teams in order to realize the best implementations possible. In order to measure our effectiveness, we are currently focusing very hard on our continuous deployment process. Adding value to our users with every iteration should be top of mind!
About StudyPortals in Eindhoven, Netherlands
StudyPortals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
The StudyPortals team now consists of over a hundred and seventy people worldwide from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. StudyPortals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.