Lead IT Security Engineer
in Tallinn, Estonia
All about Linux, Windows and/or Mainframe? Excited about IT security and itching for new challenges? Join the ranks of a cool Danish bank in Estonia! Read more about Danske Bank
- Shape and steer security architectural decisions in co-operation with platform teams
- Join architects from business line and from the infrastructure teams to ensure that common security standards are adopted into their specific architectures, roadmaps, and implementations
- Oversee business requirements to ensure security solutions help meet their goals and retain regulatory requirements
- Work with infrastructure teams ensuring adherence to security principles defined within the bank
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of security solutions together with infrastructure teams
- Initiate and lead (where necessary) strategic security projects in security or platform teams
- In alliance with infrastructure engineering teams, build strong relationships with technology providers to identify security trends
- Participate in the design governance frameworks to review proposed component’s designs
- Establish and own Security Standard Baseline (Technical Specifications) for Infrastructure systems
- Bachelor's in CS, mathematics or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure
- Analytical and structured approach
- Very good English
- Certification in your specific area (Linux, Unix, Microsoft or Mainframe)
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH or other information security certifications
- Understanding of Microsoft platform and/or Linux internals, tools and user land components
- Understanding of security in designing, deploying, and operating of physical/virtual server infrastructure
- Proven track record in implementing infrastructure solutions in medium/large scale environments
- Understanding concepts of Microsoft platform, Virtual Infrastructure and/or Linux security, auditing and observing
- Understanding TCP/IP protocol, firewalls, and IDPS
- Understanding of security strategies and technologies in a large enterprise
- Prior exposure to designing/assessing large-scale solutions using “Defense in depth” principles
- Prior exposure to finance related security frameworks/standards (such as PCI-DSS, Basel II, SOX, ISO 27k and/or similar)
- Prior experience in coordination and risk mitigation of infrastructure/application pentest Understanding of a number of our key focus areas:
- Identity, federation and authentication technologies (e.g SAML, OAUTH)
- Web Services technologies (e.g. REST, XML, JSON)
- Securing public and private cloud solutions
- Cryptographic techniques and PKI services
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Visa sponsorship for the right candidate
- Freedom to experiment with new ideas
- Autonomy to decide how you want to work and achieve your goals
- Talented and hard-working coworkers
- International career and development opportunities within the group
- Challenging tasks and projects that support your professional growth
- Flexible work environment
- Supportive and considerate management
To further strengthen Danske Bank’s cybersecurity, we're adding IT security engineers to our team in Tallinn. The IT security health check (SHC) team is responsible for security health checks and controls, security engineering, and infrastructure platform and systems. The SHC team is also in charge of defining security baseline standards for IT infrastructure systems and components.
This job is for an analytical person with an IT security background and preferably infrastructure experience. We're looking for people with an interest in current and evolving security threats, IT and information security, large IT environments, systems, and network infrastructure. In this role, you will work with applications and infrastructure teams on the promotion and adoption of infrastructure platform components and services. Your main technical focus in this role will cover Infrastructure systems (Linux, Microsoft platform, PKI, Storage) fundamentals, configuration and auditing solutions, monitoring, access and capacity management, penetration testing and reporting.
To thrive in this role, you should be very systematic and focused, with a developer mindset. Good collaboration skills are vital, as is the ability to work equally well independently. If you like getting stuff done, you're the kind of person we want to work with. Apply and let's talk!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.