Software Engineer (Java)
Supported by Work in Estonia
This job posting is a part of Work in Estonia campaign. Apply before September 23rd for an all-expenses paid trip to Estonia, where employers compete to hire and relocate you to the most digitally advanced country in the world. Finalists will be announced in early October!
in Tallinn, Estonia
Do you want to work with talented engineers, designers and product managers to help us develop products and services that have a real impact and are used by millions? We're on a hunt for Java-minded software engineers! As part of a cross-functional, agile team, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of various applications and services. Read more about Swedbank
- You have solid Java skills.
- You have experience with SQL or PL/SQL.
- You have experience in testing.
- You have an understanding of Agile development methodologies and the principles of Clean Code, Object Oriented Design, Domain Driven Design and Test Driven Development.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
Depending on your interest, you could participate in developing our mobile app (Android and iOS), Swedbank’s internal and external channels (including Internet bank, Mobile bank, Swedbank Gateway) or the systems and applications that make sure that banking products and services (like loans, leasing, insurance, etc.) run smoothly for internal and external customers.
These are the tools we work with:
• Spring, Hibernate, Apache, Guava, ElasticSearch, Jetty, Selenide, JDBC
• JUnit, Hamcrest, Mockito, Selenium, Ruby
• HTML, XSLT, AJAX, CSS
• OracleDB, MSSQL, Cassandra, OrientDB
• jQuery, Vue.js, AngularJs, Sass
• GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Gradle, BitBucket, Jira
Why join us?
If you have a desire for new challenges and want to grow your skills in the digital banking area, then we'd like to hear from you!
You will participate in projects related to the improvement of our customers' daily banking experience, like developing an innovative solution of intelligent personal finance management. You'll have a clear sense of purpose and responsibility for a product that will be used by millions of customers. Working in our agile development team will give you a great opportunity to constantly improve your professional and personal skills.
If you find it motivating to work in an environment where you are given a lot of responsibility, where success is celebrated and shared with others, and where the products that your team creates will be used by millions of people, then this is the workplace for you!
About Swedbank in Tallinn, Estonia
Swedbank is the largest bank in Estonia. We offer a wide selection of financial services both to private (900,000) and corporate (132,000) customers. Our internet bank has 525,000 and mobile bank 332,000 users (Estonia has 1,3 million citizens). We have around 2500 employees in Estonia, of whom 500 are working in IT. We also have the largest network of bank branches and ATMs in Estonia.
We enable people, businesses and society to grow.
We are open, simple and caring.
Read our IT blog: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life at Swedbank
At Swedbank we:
- embrace diversity and equality;
- support development and internal mobility;
- have an international work environment;
- value work-life balance;
- have flexible work hours, work place and workload;
- create a collaborative culture and have fun along the way!
Come as you are!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.