Senior IT Security Engineer
in Tallinn, Estonia
If you live and breathe IT security, this modern Nordic bank can hook you up with your dream job. Join the team in Estonia's tech-crazy capital! Read more about Danske Bank
- Shape and steer security architectural decisions in co-operation with platform teams
- Join architects from business line and from the infrastructure teams to ensure that common security standards are adopted into their specific architectures, roadmaps, and implementations
- Oversee business requirements to ensure security solutions help meet goals and retain regulatory requirements
- Work closely with infrastructure teams ensuring adherence to security principles defined within the bank
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of security solutions together with infrastructure teams
- Initiate and lead strategic security projects in security or platform teams
- In alliance with infrastructure engineering teams, build strong relationships with technology providers to identify security trends
- Participate in the design governance frameworks to review proposed component’s designs
- Establish and own the security standard baseline for infrastructure systems
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent.
- You have 4+ years of experience in IT infrastructure.
- You're analytical and structured in your approach to your work.
- You have very good spoken and written English.
- You have a certification in your specific area (Linux, Unix, Microsoft or Mainframe).
- You have CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH or other information security certifications.
- An understanding of Microsoft and/or Linux internals, tools and user land components.
- An understanding of security in designing, deploying, and operating of physical/virtual server infrastructure.
- A proven track record in implementing infrastructure solutions in medium/large scale environments.
- An understanding of the Microsoft platform, virtual infrastructure and/or Linux security, auditing and observing.
- An understanding of TCP/IP protocol, firewalls, and IDPS.
- An understanding of security strategies and technologies in a large enterprise.
- Exposure to designing/assessing large-scale solutions using “Defense in depth” principles.
- Exposure to finance-related security frameworks/standards (such as PCI-DSS, Basel II, SOX, ISO 27k and/or similar).
- Experience in coordination and risk mitigation of infrastructure/application pentest.
- An understanding of a number of our key focus areas:
- Identity, federation and authentication technologies (e.g SAML, OAUTH).
- Web Services technologies (e.g. REST, XML, JSON)
- Securing public and private cloud solutions.
- Cryptographic techniques and PKI services.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Visa sponsorship for the right candidate
- Freedom to experiment with new ideas
- Autonomy to decide how you want to work and achieve your goals
- Talented and hard-working coworkers
- International career and development opportunities within the group
- Challenging tasks and projects that support your professional growth
- Flexible work environment
- Supportive and considerate management
We're looking to add an IT security engineer to our team. You'll join a team responsible for different Danske Bank infrastructure security components (Proxy, IDS, IPS, SandBox’ing, HSM, PKI, etc). Our team is also in charge of defining security baseline standards for IT infrastructure systems, their components and network.
This is a job for an analytical person with an IT security background and, ideally, infrastructure experience. We are looking for people with a genuine interest in current and evolving security threats, IT and information security, large IT environments, systems, and network infrastructure. The role will require you to work with applications and infrastructure teams on the promotion and adoption of infrastructure platform components and services. The main technical focus in this role is expected to cover infrastructure systems (Linux, Microsoft platform, PKI, Storage) fundamentals, configuration and auditing solutions, monitoring, access and capacity management, penetration testing and reporting.
If you're very systematic and focused, with a developer mindset and good collaboration skills, you'll fit right in. So bring your winning get-things-done attitude to our team in Tallinn!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.