Back-end Java Developer (Mobile Banking Services)
Monese offers visa sponsorship
Monese will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
We’re looking for a talented software engineer to join us on a permanent basis in our Tallinn office. You could be a junior engineer with some experience, passionate and dreaming about building stuff and figuring out puzzles of integration, connections between the app and back-end. Or, you could be an experienced developer/architect, still passionate and hands-on. Read more about Monese
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications.
- Contribute with analysis and solutions to fulfil business requirements.
- Design and develop reliable, fast, flexible and decoupled systems.
- Research, plan and implement integrations with numerous banking and payments systems.
- Optimise performance of complex systems.
- Create structured, testable, lightweight code in Java.
- You have excellent Java skills.
- You are experienced in Agile development practices.
- You understand relational databases.
- You can communicate well in English.
- You highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code.
- You are able to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve.
- You can communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members.
- You are familiar and comfortable with working in the DevOps culture.
- You are passionate about building something truly meaningful in the financial sector.
- Previous payment systems integration experience.
- Exposure to the full stack, from front-end UI to the server side, business logic and database, and awareness of the leading technologies in each domain.
- Advanced hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and its core architectural components/utilities.
- Database management skills like scaling, performance management, capacity planning, etc., PostgreSQL.
Compensation & Benefits
- Stock options and a competitive salary.
- Flexible work schedule and possibility to work remotely.
- In and outdoor Moneser’s sports activities.
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues.
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Work with an international team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese, as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
We are looking for someone who values clean, neat code and wants to know why. At Monese, we have ample opportunities for you to grow and develop your skills. You could contribute to our fraud team, outsmarting fraudsters with machine learning algorithms. Or you might be a great asset to our full-stack growth team, working on understanding our customers better via improved analytics and compelling features. Or, perhaps you’d be interested in developing alongside our seasoned onboarding experts, working on improving our infamous 3-minute fully mobile customer onboarding experience. As we said, there’s plenty of opportunities, if you’re one to grab a chance and give it your all.
About Monese in London, United Kingdom
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
Monese serves hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Our fast-growing team is located in London (UK), Tallinn (Estonia) and Lisbon (Portugal). By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
Life at Monese
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.