Talent Community Manager
Jobbatical will offer you a generous relocation package.
If you're relocating to one of our offices (Tallinn or Singapore), Jobbatical will take care of your immigration paperwork, cover your flights, and arrange accommodation for your first month.
in Tallinn, Estonia
As Jobbatical's talent community manager, you will join forces with our teams to build a cohesive, engaged community of world-class talent. Or to put in a more human way—you'll help a lot of people. Join us if you love the idea of using the power of community to build a borderless world where everyone can work where they're happy! Read more about Jobbatical
- Be the first point of contact for our talent base.
- Manage our Zendesk to support our talent community on their Jobbatical journey and make sure their issues are resolved fast.
- Be the voice of the talent community at Jobbatical and tell their side of the story to our internal teams (product, sales, marketing...).
- Identify and form powerful connections with top-quality business, creative and technical talent.
- Identify and execute opportunities for community members to connect with each other.
- Deliver engaging content on different social media channels to Jobbatical audiences to drive brand awareness and community growth.
- Turn talent feedback data into insights that can improve the overall Jobbatical experience.
- Be responsible for tracking (and increasing) customer support metrics like response time and talent satisfaction.
- Clearly communicate talent community trends with the Jobbatical team.
- Brainstorm and execute on creative talent initiatives with the Jobbatical marketing team.
- You communicate smoothly and clearly in (near-)native English.
- You are the very definition of a people person.
- You live and breathe social media platforms.
- You have at least 3 years of experience growing and managing online communities.
- You have a camera-ready personality and attitude.
- You have experience in a customer-facing or account management role at a startup.
- You are familiar with Zendesk.
- You have excellent organizational and project management skills.
- If you have experience in HR or the career space, even better.
- Familiarity with creating video content and/or publishing on Wordpress is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- You’ll get a locally competitive salary + generous perks and benefits that include a monthly allowance for books and Uber rides.
- Your relocation package will include international travel costs and one month of accommodation while you settle into your new home.
- You can count on solid medical insurance, generous parental leave (Estonia is famous for it), free flu shots if you want them, an allowance for sports—basically everything you need to take care of your body.
- You'll find yourself in a flexible, trust-based work environment with remote work options.
- You get 28 days of paid vacation + three paid mental health days per year.
Jobbatical has been around for a whopping four years now, helping people find jobs in different parts of the world. In this time, we've accumulated a user base of 260,000 people from all over the planet (literally—we have registered users from every country in the world).
That's pretty damn awesome, except for one thing: Remember how we just called them a "user base?" What a dull turn of phrase. We need our people to feel like they're much more than that:
Every brilliant business, tech, and creative professional who comes to Jobbatical should feel like they're part of something—a movement, a zeitgeist, a fundamental change in the way the world works together. And they need to know that Jobbatical is here for them as they navigate the new world of work.
For that, we need YOU, our unstoppable force of a talent community manager.
You will sweep in and help us take care of our community. You'll be their first point of contact as they join Jobbatical, and—because you can't be best friends with 260,000 people at once—you'll also help them connect with each other. As the voice of the talent community at Jobbatical, you'll make sure their issues get resolved. You'll build relationships with people, regale them with great content on social media, and do a bunch of other stuff that we probably haven't even thought of yet.
You'll have a lot of freedom to work your magic, but also all the support you need. As part of our close-knit marketing team, you'll never be without a listening ear, a brainstorm partner, or a sanity check.
Our other teams (people ops, customer success, product...) will also be there to help make sure you have all the tools and knowledge you need to come up with and execute the most effective strategies for community engagement.
Application tip: We LOVE cover letters. So make yours pop. It doesn't have to be crazy long, but we want to see your personality and hear a little bit about your vision for the Jobbatical community. And, of course, make sure your CV/profile lists your relevant skills and experience.
Our HQ is in Tallinn, Estonia, but we also have an office in Singapore. Ideally, you'd join us in Tallinn or Singapore for at least some time to start with, but we're pretty flexible (including remote options), so let's talk about what will work best for all of us.
About Jobbatical in Tallinn, Estonia
At Jobbatical, we think beyond borders and help the world work together.
Our international job platform connects globally minded companies with ready-to-relocate tech, business and creative talent—people like you. We believe in a fully connected world where your career success is decided by your skill and ambition, not your birthplace.
Our goal is to encourage employers to set aside cultural biases and hire the people with the best skills for the job, and we take our own advice: we don’t discriminate based on nationality, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or anything else that has nothing to do with the role you'll be filling.
Founded in 2014 by three Estonians, we’ve since grown into a global team of 35+ aspiring world-changers from 16+ nationalities.
Life at Jobbatical
These are the values that guide us:
Start with why. We don’t do things for the sake of having something to do. Keeping the “why” of our actions in mind helps us stay focused on the things that matter.
Don’t wait to be asked. (Make it happen.) We’re not here to sit around and wait for orders. We have ideas and bring them to life.
Go beyond yourself. Comfort zones are great. We love waving at them as we leave them behind.
Choose difficult truths over comforting lies. Saying yes to everything is easy. But many of the most fruitful and necessary conversations are uncomfortable.
Be bold, stay humble. We’re not afraid to take risks and make mistakes to build what we believe in. And we know the world doesn’t owe us anything.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.