Head of Content
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Estonian e-Residency offers visa sponsorship
Estonian e-Residency will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency, a government-issued digital identity and status that provides access to Estonia’s transparent business environment. We are looking for a strong writer who is passionate about understanding and solving the challenges faced by remote entrepreneurs to join our team in Tallinn. Read more about Estonian e-Residency
- Own the e-Residency blog by contributing original content and sourcing freelance writers.
- Contribute to web and social media content.
- Help the support team develop clear guides on topics from digital ID card use to international taxation.
- Manage projects as a member of the internal communications and marketing team according to the e-Residency 2.0 White Paper and the team road map.
- Help monitor public conversations about e-Residency and related topics in the news, social media, forums, blogs and other channels in order to respond to issues people want to know more about and help improve public understanding of the programme.
- Look for opportunities to spread content, such as by working with key influencers.
- You have extensive writing experience in English with examples of recently published works.
- You are comfortable contributing to multimedia projects, including blog articles, support articles, web copy, podcasts, short video scripts, social media copy, and more.
- You are interested in business and passionate about supporting both the development of Estonia as a digital nation and supporting entrepreneurs around the world.
- You’ve worked in an international environment.
- You are highly organized, self-reliant, and resourceful and can be both a team and solo player.
- You are open to domestic and international travel on occasion.
- You can speak and write in English. Knowledge of Estonian or other languages is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
You will own our blog content, help with web copy, write video scripts, and more. This role also involves being flexible to react to breaking news and being comfortable managing freelancers and agency partners in order to scale our efforts.
About Estonian e-Residency
Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency, a government-issued transnational digital identity available to everyone in the world. Through its e-Residency program, Estonia is building a borderless digital society and unleashing the world’s entrepreneurial potential.
e-Residents can establish companies online within minutes and manage the companies online from anywhere in the world, establish bank account online and make payments online, access online payment service providers, declare taxes online, digitally sign legal documents, and encrypt and transmit documents securely. Entrepreneurs everywhere will be able to choose where and how they live their digital lives. For some people, e-Residency is not just a matter of convenience, it is the key ingredient making enterprise possible. e-Residency empowers entrepreneurs to participate in the global market and move at the speed of capital without getting stuck in bureaucracy.
Though e-Residency is a government initiative, the project’s ethos is entrepreneurial and its execution has been quick and lean. The move from prototype to product happened in a matter of weeks and a little less than a year after the launch of its application website, the program has already attracted more than 22,000 e-residents and they have established over a thousand companies already.
We are taking a step towards a world in which competition for people and companies pushes states to develop faster, better, and more responsive legal regimes and public e-services. That may soon redefine how governments around the world interact with people.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.