Markit offers visa sponsorship
Markit will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
To maintain its expansion and growth, Markit is looking for a talented front-end developer to bring Markit's marketplace to the responsive and adaptive era and help us build a scalable and customizable front-end framework for the future. Read more about Markit
- You have at least 5 years of work experience with front-end development.
- You have a strong understanding of HTML and CSS including experience with pre-processors like Sass or Less.
- Extensive experience with Bootstrap 3 and 4 is a must (experience with other front-end frameworks is a plus).
- You have experience with expanding front-end frameworks.
- You have a solid understanding of grids, typography, and responsive design techniques.
- You have extensive experience with building usability.
- You have a proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- You are capable of solving problems and reaching goals.
- You have good communication and English language skills.
- You have a sense of punctuality, correctness and responsibility.
- A good understanding of web services (REST, XML, JSON) and .net is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation.
- An innovation-oriented work environment.
- A yearly meetup with the whole company to celebrate our success, plus team-trips.
- Opportunities to learn, grow and develop inside the company.
- Work with a truly international and fast-growing company, with inspirational and supportive colleagues from around 15 countries.
You will be part of a product team who develop the IT purchasing solution (Marketplace) for global companies. Our goal is to provide clear, intuitive and consistent UI for end users, keeping in mind that Marketplace is a tool for its users. As a second goal, we want to build a front-end framework based on Bootstrap that is easy to use for future developments. We believe that simple improvements or mocking of new features should not be challenging for any member of the product team.
Join us if you are tired of running from one project to another; if you dream of more responsibility and freedom; if you dream of focusing on a single, great and global product; if you want the joy of developing something awesome on a long-term basis and seeing the fruits of the hard labour; if you want to keep aiming towards perfecting the perfect and expressing yourself.
This position means that you are the front-end lead of a global SaaS solution working with 20% of Fortune 500 companies in 34 countries. You are the real “go to person” in a small, focused, creative and high gear development team. Yes, for real.
As a side note, the company is great. We are actually useful, the team is great, we stand for something we believe in. We have been around for 15 years and we will be around, thus your salary and options are always paid and actually exercised and then some, but that is already for the interviews.
About Markit in Tallinn, Estonia
The IT procurement and e-commerce company Markit Holding AS was founded in 2003. Over the last decade, the company has had an annual growth of 22% on average and is now operating in 30 countries. Markit has built a 93 million EUR company with 100 employees. The company is working with a growing number of Fortune500 and global companies by providing them with a toolset to simplify and improve their procurement process. Markit is saving time and money for its customers with efficiency and transparency by providing best total cost of IT purchasing for companies large or small. Markit is simple, useful and transparent.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.