Business Development Manager (Higher Education)
in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Do you have a passion for helping businesses grow? Looking for a new challenge? As a BizDev manager at StudyPortals, you will have the opportunity to ultilize the network you have developed in the higher education world and expand it even further. Read more about StudyPortals
- Plan and sell student recruitment campaigns using the variety of StudyPortals products.
- Advise and liaise with existing clients—nurture relationships and ensure clients are happy with their activity.
- Proactively develop an area of new clients, mainly by telephone and email contact.
- Plan and attend client meetings.
- Be involved in the optimization of the complete commercial cycle: from lead generation, negotiation sales, campaign implementation to reporting and evaluation.
- Support the regional manager in the strategy and approach of growth targets within the specific region.
- You have 3-5 years of proven commercial work experience in a higher education business development position and are hungry to quickly capture the market (higher education experience is required).
- You're an optimistic and self-disciplined high achiever with a sense of urgency and good work organization.
- You're client- and market share oriented, and committed to creating client value in the long term.
- You have a native or near-native level of English (level C2 of the Common European Framework).
- You're assertive, optimistic, energetic, persistent, entrepreneurial, driven by results, and committed to success.
- You're an open team player—independent yet supportive—who thrives in an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- You know how to get into the minds of prospective international students (having experienced an international study period is ideal).
- You're eager to learn and grow alongside a young and dynamic company, with the ambition to quickly grow in your role and responsibilities.
- Our mission and corporate values should match yours.
- Other European languages such as French and German would be a plus.
- We offer employee referral bonuses and an annual personal development budget, because personal growth is key!
- You will get a competitive salary, including an excellent bonus scheme.
- We offer an attractive collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurance from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurance.
- This is an opportunity to make our world a little better, and be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the global market is desperately waiting for.
- We're located in the vibrant Strijp-S area in Eindhoven—an exciting hub of entrepreneurship, technology and design, just 10 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes from the airport.
- We have an informal, entrepreneurial, and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated.
We are looking for a analytical sales professional to strengthen our international team and its development. StudyPortals' mission is to bring transparency to the wealth of study opportunities in the world’s higher education market. We aim to empower the world to choose (for) education.
Our sites receive more than a million visits on a monthly basis, making us the most popular study choice platform worldwide. In the past 12 months, our visitor numbers have grown by more than 40%. We currently serve more than 2,400 participating universities in 48 countries worldwide.
The center of our operations is in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Please note that after an introduction period in Eindhoven, there is flexibility to be based in the UK, traveling to Eindhoven approximately once a month.
About StudyPortals in Eindhoven, Netherlands
StudyPortals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
The StudyPortals team now consists of over a hundred and seventy people worldwide from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. StudyPortals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.