Senior Back-End Software Developer
MYJAR offers visa sponsorship
MYJAR will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in London, United Kingdom
Join us if you’re fun to work with and looking for a challenging environment! This is the place where you can apply your knowledge in a responsible and successful company. Read more about MYJAR
- Code user stories and automated tests
- Create architectural designs
- Investigate and fix bugs and issues
- Document solutions and requirements
- Maintain development environments and tools
- Share technical knowledge and experience with team members
- Execute manual and automated regression tests
- Own implementation quality and technical debt
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile software development.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with PHP, Node.js, SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL), object-oriented programming (OOP) and model-view-controller (MVC), programming principles (Clean Code, Test Driven Development).
- Focused on output and quality, with a habit of documenting your work.
- A good understanding of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery) and testing principles.
- Very good spoken and written English skills.
- Motivation package that supports a healthy lifestyle
- A competitive salary
- An awesome team to be part of - we have friendly, multicultural and talented people
- Regular team events to break the routine
- An international environment with contemporary tools and modern practices
- Room to grow within a successful business
- A modern office in the heart of London
About MYJAR in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350M in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 200 people and operate from offices in the City of London, Jersey, and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
Life at MYJAR
Want to know more about life at MYJAR? You can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog bit.ly/2prowe8